Advocacy and Policy Media Strategist (Korean and English speaking)
Airbnb is a mission-driven company dedicated to helping create a world where anyone can belong anywhere. It takes a unified team committed to our core values to achieve this goal. Airbnb's various functions embody the company's innovative spirit and our fast-moving team is committed to leading as a 21st century company.
The Advocacy & Policy Media team tells the story of Airbnb and amplifies it to diversified communities of public and political influencers in order to move public opinion and legitimise hosting in markets all over the world. In Asia Pacific, the APM team acts as the regional creative engine and policy marketing hub for the Public Policy team, acting as thought partners and campaign strategists to local policy teams to develop and deliver on local political campaign needs.
- We organise and empower local communities to engage with and take action to support fair laws and regulations that allow our platform to deliver a unique hosting and travel experience.
- We create, amplify and communicate a wide variety of impactful content to support our efforts on and offline.
- We work with local campaign teams to design outreach strategies to local short-term rental supporters and grassroots / community advocacy groups, including but not limited to hosts and guests
- We work with local campaign teams and global campaign infrastructure teams to deliver omnichannel communications and content to increase favourability, targeted at hosts, guests, political influencers and lawmakers
The APM Strategist, APAC shall support the regional manager with strategy design and execution, coordinate with APAC campaigns to develop and deliver tactical campaigns, and educate local campaigns on tool and resource use.
- Lead local campaign teams in designing and delivering onadvocacy outreach and activation strategies and tactics for Hosts, guests, local short-term rental supporters and grassroots advocacy groups to participate in the political process
- Support local programs with tools and best practices to empower and educate these groups
- Work closely with the Community team to develop and deliver user education and outreach activities on public policy objectives
- Work with local campaign teams and global central teams to deliver strategic policy marketing campaigns both online and offline, omnichannel communications and content, targeted at Hosts, guests, political influencers and lawmakers
- Act as creative thought partners to the campaigns
- Position and enable content creation in front of key audiences across key online and offline channels and move the needle on favourability of our stakeholders
- Design, execute, interpret and utilise polling and data to increase favourability
- Ensure all content created relating to a project is branded, engaging and impactful
- Work with Regional Manager in developing material and reportsfor the broader Asia Pacific public policy team where required
- Project management and coordination of ongoing projects including memo writing, liaising with various stakeholders, getting docs organised, tracking progress and measure success
Desired Qualifications and Skills
- Experience in data-informed marketing or advocacy campaigning with developed skills in online and offline campaigns
- Has strong aptitude and experience in developing digital marketing campaigns and digital content from scratch via digital marketing software, tools and media
- Has experience in vendor management, project management across business functions and geographies
- Excellent planning and facilitation skills, event management skills a plus
- Excellent analytical and organisational skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication in English and Korean, and another Southeast Asian language preferred but not required (Bahasa Melayu/Thai/Tagalog)
- A keen eye for good design and copywriting preferred
- Willingness to travel