Brightcove’s engineering team is built on small, collaborative, self-running teams, where everyone has an equal voice and decisions are made analytically. We encourage lightweight development processes that balance craftsmanship with execution. We strive to build engaging products with a rich user experience to meet the needs of and delight our customers. If you are bright, enthusiastic about development, creative, passionate, curious and eager to contribute we want to hear from you!
- Develop and deploy applications to Android devices. Experience with scalable backend services is a plus.
- Develop clean, high-quality code and automated tests to verify its operation.
- Provide operational support for Brightcove applications.
- Work in an agile environment with a team of engineers to create new products and services and enhance existing solutions and workflows.
- Collaborate with product management and engineering teams to analyze user needs and business requirements.
- 2+ years of hands-on experience developing and supporting Android applications.
- Experience using Java or Kotlin and unit testing.
- Experience working in an Agile/Scrum environment.
- Sharp analytical abilities, proven design skills, excellent communication skills.
- Understanding of the importance of proper version control and dependency management.
- Experience implementing robust testing frameworks for headless Android applications.
- Degree in Computer Science, Math, or related fields required.
- Advanced degree in similar fields a plus.
- Health and life insurance.
- Food card (2,000MXN Monthly).
- Saving Fund 13%.
- 10 days of paid vacation with 25% vacation bonus.
- 5 Floating Days.
- Holiday Bonus ("Aguinaldo") of 30 days of pay per year.
- Remote 100%.
As the industry leader in this space, we empower our customers to deliver top-notch video experiences to audiences on every screen in bold and innovative ways. When video is done right, it can have a powerful and lasting effect. Hearts open. Minds change. Creativity thrives. Since 2004, Brightcove has been supporting customers that are some of the largest media companies, enterprises, events, and non-profit organizations in the world. There are over 600 Brightcovers globally, each of us representing our unique talents and passions and we have built a culture that values individual empowerment, excellence and collaboration. This culture enables us to develop technologies once thought impossible, provide customer support without parallel or excuses, and leverage the expertise and resources of a global infrastructure. We take our video seriously, and we take great pride in doing it as one team.
Working at Brightcove
As the undisputed global leader in powering premium video for our customers, Brightcove recruits and retains highly qualified and motivated individuals, creating an environment where people can innovate and achieve their best, and we reward them for their performance by giving them the opportunity to share in the company’s success. We offer competitive compensation, stock options, 401k matching, and tuition reimbursement, as well as generous PTO - and we expect you to use it!
We offer Remote, Hybrid, and Onsite work arrangements. We have plenty of opportunities to meet your colleagues around the globe and we also celebrate a variety of personal interests with organized groups and clubs including an Employee Action Committee, Women of Brightcove, Pride of Brightcove, Parents of Brightcove … and more!
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. If you need any accommodations for your interview, please email email@example.com.