Our mobile team is looking for a smart and talented Android developer. This position will design, develop and integrate native Android apps (tablet, smartphones) that are centered on video delivery and are integrated with various monetization, analytics, DRM, CMS and Advertising engines. We have built a number of video-centric apps similar to Netflix, Hulu, HBO Go, etc. and we have more to build!
- Develop and deploy applications to Android devices. Experience with scalable backend services is a plus.
- Develop clean, high-quality code and automated tests to verify its operation.
- Provide operational support for Brightcove applications.
- Work in an agile environment with a team of engineers to create new products and services and enhance existing solutions and workflows.
- Collaborate with product management and engineering teams to analyze user needs and business requirements.
- Minimum five years of experience in development of solutions for Mobile platforms
- Minimum of 3 years of hands-on experience in design, development and enhancement of native Android apps using Android SDK, with at least one published app
- Expert-level knowledge of Java, Kotlin and Android SDK required
- Knowledge of UI frameworks, MVC and reactive, touch-based UI required
- Solid exposure to unit testing and continuous integration
- Experience with JSON/XML and interfacing with server-side API’s, e.g. REST and GraphQLn required
- Strong foundation in computer science, with competencies in data structures, algorithms, concurrency, object-oriented software design patterns and software optimized for embedded systems (storage and latency)
- An undergraduate degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience preferred
- Prior experience in multimedia and/or video streaming a plus
- Prior experience in integration with CDN, DRM, analytics, media advertising and payment systems a plus
Brightcove is the global leader in providing online video to Media and Digital Marketing organizations. Our engineering team builds highly scalable and complex solutions on our platform for some of the best known media companies in the world and we're expanding. If you have a great Android development background, a passion for online video, a keen sense of creativity and a willingness to work with our clients to build awesome experiences, we'd love to talk.
You would be integrating into a team that is developing a leading online video platform, and connects to multiple Brightcove cloud-based services, Content Management System (CMS), Digital Right Management (DRM), Analytics, Advertising, subscription and monetization engines. Our mission is to offer designs that enhance the video experience and to utilize the latest technologies to build purposeful products that push boundaries. We like to hire smart engineers with a passion to solve complex and interesting problems and to learn and utilize new technologies.
Working at Brightcove
As the undisputed global leader in powering premium video for our customers, Brightcove recruits and retains highly qualified and motivated individuals, creating an environment where people can innovate and achieve their best, and we reward them for their performance by giving them the opportunity to share in the company’s success. We offer competitive benefits and compensation packages.
We offer Remote, Hybrid, and Onsite work arrangements to work in our brand new Guadalajara office located in Puerta de Hierro, part of the metropolitan area of Guadalajara. The office has an open yet focused working space layout and employees enjoy access to stocked kitchens with daily catered lunches and social activities that celebrate a variety of personal interests. We have plenty of opportunities to meet your colleagues around the globe and we also celebrate a variety of personal interests with organized groups and clubs including an Employee Action Committee, Women of Brightcove, Pride of Brightcove, Parents of Brightcove … and more!
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. If you need any accommodations for your interview, please email email@example.com.
If you've gotten all the way to the bottom of this description, thank you for your interest in Brightcove! If this role sounds like something that is exciting to you please don't hesitate to apply, even if you don't meet all of our qualifications. We recognize that no candidate is perfect and Brightcove would love to have the chance to get to know you.
**Please submit your resume in English to be considered for this role.**