Associate Director, Vertical Integration
At HelloFresh, we want to change the way people eat forever by offering our customers high quality food and recipes for different meal occasions. Over the past 10 years, we've seen this mission spread around the world and beyond our wildest dreams. Now, we are a global food solutions group and the world's leading meal kit company, active in 16 countries across 3 continents. So, how did we do it? Our weekly boxes full of exciting recipes and fresh ingredients have blossomed into a community of customers looking for delicious, healthy and sustainable options. The HelloFresh Group now includes our core brand, HelloFresh, as well as: GreenChef, EveryPlate, Chef's Plate, Factor, and Youfoodz.Job Description:
We are looking for an Associate Director, Vertical Integration to join our Procurement team! As an Associate Director, you will lead the development of HelloFresh’s Insourcing strategy, identifying new Co-Manufacturing partners, spearhead contract and cost negotiations, enhancing and deepening existing partnerships, and driving cost-savings and efficiencies throughout the network. We're searching for a visionary leader who is excited to build something meaningful and share it with the world!
- Define the future of Co-manufacturing at HelloFresh to deliver unit cost savings and build supply change resilience across all procurement categories.
- Deliver a comprehensive annual plan for all Insourcing needs; across Production and Co-packing, Procurement Suppliers (packaging, raw materials), Machine Selection and Implementation, and Transportation.
- Seek out and jumpstart vendor relationships that deliver the solutions that fit our long-term business needs.
- Identify opportunities to expand HF’s external Co-manufacturing vendor network to increase capacity, enable growth and unlock new strategic capabilities.
- Negotiate and enact contracts for new and existing vendors throughout HF’s Insourcing network that drive cost-savings, set a standard for excellence, and foster partnerships and collaboration.
- Collaborate with senior leadership on a departmental strategy focused on the where, when, and how HelloFresh will grow its network of vendor-manufacturers.
- Drive cross-functional collaboration with Operations, Automation, Quality and Strategy teams to deploy new capabilities and technologies into the existing network and unlock additional customer choice, operational efficiency and growth.
- Manage and sustain the strategic relationships for all vendors in the Insourcing network by creating a culture of collaboration, customer-focus, and long-term partnership
- Build comprehensive business cases that assess the strategic and cost feasibility of insourcing specific procurement SKUs
- Bold: you’re adventurous, outgoing and optimistic; you’re confident making decisions and taking calculated risksEntrepreneurial in Spirit: you have vision, passion and imagination; you are not afraid to ask ‘what if’ and constantly challenge the status quo
- Versatile: you roll with the punches and don’t get overwhelmed easily; you enjoy grinding away at issues and have a knack for delivering results in hyper-growth, constantly changing environments
- Analytical: data is your friend; you're able to translate numbers into action and pave the way for efficiency
- Team-oriented: you have a track record of leading cross-functional teams and cultivating collaborative partnerships at all levels and departments of an organization
- Strategic: you recognize and resolve situations that are ambiguous or challenging and use logic to identify alternatives, evaluate, and present approaches to solve complex problems while thinking in terms of contingency plans
- Customer-focused: slightly obsessive-compulsive when it comes to customer experience and strive to deliver a product that is second to none
At a minimum, you have...
- Bachelor’s degree or 5+ years managing fulfillment & production operations in food, beverage, or perishables, manufacturing or distribution. Masters or MBA a plus but not required.
- Demonstrated success developing, negotiating and executing commercial contracts with suppliers and manufacturers.
- Superior quantitative abilities and an outstanding grasp of how unit economics drive bottom-line success.
- A comprehensive background in Operations and Vendor Management
- Passionate and communicates at the executive level, coupled with top-notch organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excitement for working in an environment with a high level of ambiguity and change
- Strong continuous improvement skills
- Efficient Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Power Point) and Google app (Gmail, drive, sheets, etc.)
- A collaborative, team oriented working style
- Willing to work weekends and/or night shifts when needed, 25% travel.
- Competitive Salary & 401k company match, which vests immediately upon participation
- Generous parental leave (16 weeks) & PTO policies
- $0 monthly premium and other flexible health plans
- 75% discount on your subscription to HelloFresh (as well as other product initiatives)
- In the NYC office, snacks, & cold brew on tap
- Opportunities to continue learning and growing your technical and business skills
- Company-sponsored outings & access to Employee Resource Groups
- Collaborative, dynamic work environment within a fast-paced, mission-driven company
We believe that sharing a meal brings people of all identities, backgrounds, and cultures together. We are committed to celebrating all dimensions of diversity in the workplace equally and ensuring that everyone feels a sense of inclusion and belonging. We also aim to extend this commitment to the partners we work with and the communities we serve. We are constantly listening, learning, and evolving to deliver on these principles. We are proud of our collaborative culture. Our diverse employee population enables us to connect with our customers and turn their feedback into meaningful action - from developing new recipes to constantly improving our process of getting dinner to our customers’ homes. Our culture attracts top talent with shared values and forms the foundation for a great place to work!
At HelloFresh, we embrace diversity and inclusion. We are an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate on the basis of an individual's race, national origin, color, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability, marital status or any other protected characteristic under applicable law, whether actual or perceived. As part of the Company’s commitment to equal employment opportunity, we provide reasonable accommodations, up to the point of undue hardship, to candidates at any stage, including to individuals with disabilities.