Business Support & Customer Service Advisor
Purpose of the role
To provide a comprehensive business support and Customer Service function to North Somerset Council delivering front line services to both internal and external customers.
The role provides an efficient and effective service to customers across all contact channels within the Customer Service and Business Support operation. The post holder is required to carry out a range of services as part of a team delivering administrative, specialist business and telephony support.
- Provide administrative support through Business Support and Contact Centre activities in any of the following teams; Care Connect/Care Link, Council Connect, Application Processing, Care Hub, Education Hub and Children's Hub
- Input all data with speed and accuracy ensuring any errors or amendments are identified and updated accordingly
- Take ownership of workload, enquiries and customer feedback
- Provide front line customer information and support services, handling enquiries across all channels to a high standard in a confident, professional and appropriate manner
- Use clear and open communication and display excellent listening skills in order to understand and assess the needs of the customer
- Produce documents using a range of ICT programmes and format as required
- Maintain records and filing systems where appropriate
- Process applications in line with business requirements
- Input and retrieve information from databases and records, provide management information in report format as and when required
- Raise requisitions, invoices and purchase orders utilising current procurement systems and processes
- Co-ordinate meetings and attendance and produce accurate minutes
- Where appropriate, respond to emergency alarm calls (Care Connect/Care Link Service) taking the necessary actions within agreed procedures
- Provide out of hours support for North Somerset Community Partnership (Care Connect/Care Link Service) and other associated partners where applicable
- Maintain required levels of service quality in line with client and customer expectations and Key Performance Indicator targets
- Where appropriate provide a face to face service supporting residents who may not have access to online services via scheduled appointment slots
Develop and maintain competent and ethical practice
- Operate within legal, ethical and practice boundaries when working with children, adults, families and vulnerable members of the community
- Develop and maintain skills, knowledge and competence
- Develop anti-discriminatory practice and ensure your work is accessible to people from all minority groups
- Undertake regular supervision and relevant training, to enhance personal skills and professional development
- Be responsible for Health and Safety and Safeguarding of all people with whom you work
- Ensure the appropriate recording of allocated work, maintenance of professional and client confidentiality, and the sharing of relevant information with other professionals
This post forms part of Customer Services and Business Support for the Agilisys North Somerset Council partnership and may include specialist support procedures.
As a term of your employment you can be required to undertake such other duties commensurate with your grade as may reasonably be required of you.
Scope for Impact
This post provides Customer Services and Business Support liaising with partner agencies and multi-disciplinary teams as necessary to improve services and outcomes for service users.
Post holder must use judgement to determine which enquiries need to be escalated or referred.
This job description only contains the main duties relating to this post and does not describe in detail the tasks required to carry them out.
The post holder must at all times maintain confidentiality and should be aware that, given the nature of the services provided by the Department they may on occasions be exposed to information that they may find upsetting.
To be aware of and understand the council’s Equality Scheme and ensure at all times that the duties of the post are carried out in accordance with its policies.
To ensure compliance with all Health and Safety legislation and associated codes of practice and authority policies
Comply with legal obligation (DATA PROTECTION ACT 1984) not to use or disclose any personal information that comes into their possession in the course of their duties in any unauthorised manner. Duties and obligations under the Act that relate to this particular post will be explained to the post holder upon appointment to this post.