Community Engagement Intern - Barcelona, Spain
Airbnb was born in 2007 when two Hosts welcomed three guests to their San Francisco home, and has since grown to over 4 million Hosts who have welcomed more than 1 billion guest arrivals in almost every country across the globe. Every day, Hosts offer unique stays and experiences that make it possible for guests to connect with communities in a more authentic way.
The community you will join:
Airbnb is seeking a Community Engagement Intern to join the Community team in Spain within our Hosting organization for a 6-month (paid) internship.
Our Hosting organization exists to bring a wider array of diverse Hosts into the Airbnb Community to support their success, earn their trust, and ensure their safety and security. Airbnb aspires to lead the travel industry with an entirely new form of community-powered travel, where creatively-led design is at the core of our offering. The Community team within Hosting exists to support Airbnb’s most precious asset, our global community of Hosts.
This internship is right for you if you are passionate about community building/management, have a growth and analytical mindset, and are resourceful and goal driven.
The difference you will make:
As a Community Engagement Intern, you will have the opportunity to work on a project alongside Airbnb Community Engagement Managers focused on scaling the Host Community Leaders Program. The project will require you to:
- Evaluate the current host leaders and look at data on OKRs and performance
- Define the evolution of the Community Leaders’ role by testing different scenarios and role structure of Host Leaders to optimize their role
- Identify resources or tools for Host Leaders to be more effective and Community Managers to manage a smaller number of Leaders, while driving impact
- Reduce leaders churn by creating a strong program with clear objectives that can lead into a more durable relationship with Community Leader
- Present a final proposal for a successful structure of to grow and scale the Host Leaders program
A typical day:
As an Airbnb intern, you’ll be integrated into a team where you’ll contribute to challenging projects. Your manager, team, and our incredible employee community will strive to be superhosts to you during the program.
We provide the support, mentorship, fun, and real world experience needed to accelerate your learning and make a real impact on our product, as Airbnb revolutionizes connection, belonging, and travel.
- You have graduated within the last 12 months or are completing your degree within the next 6 months in a relevant field (communication science/economics/tourism)
- Native Spanish-speaker and if you speak Portuguese then it will be an added advantage
- Excellent communication and presentation skills both written and verbal in English (Level C1)
- Passionate about community building/management
- Has a growth and analytical mindset, can think and act like an entrepreneur, and are resourceful and goal driven
- Strong empathy for our community, good listener, patient, approachable, flexible and effective in communications
- Fast learner and problem solver
- Comfortable with Excel, Google Docs and social media platforms and tools such as Facebook
- Previous knowledge of Salesforce CRM, SQL, Zoom, and Splash is a plus
- Willing to travel to meet hosts in person if / when required
This position is hybrid. You must be living in Spain and have work authorization for Spain to be eligible.
How to apply:
Please provide a cover letter (in English) explaining the following:
- Why are you interested in Airbnb?
- Why are you interested in this internship?
- How have you demonstrated your commitment to building community?
Our commitment to inclusion & belonging:
Airbnb is committed to working with the best and brightest people from the broadest talent pool possible. We believe a diversity of ideas fosters innovation and engagement, and allows us to attract the best people, and to develop the best products, services and solutions. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply. If you need assistance, or a reasonable accommodation during the application and recruiting process, please contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org.