Cyber Threat Intelligence Lead
Blockchain.com is the world's leading software platform for digital assets. Offering the largest production blockchain platform in the world, we share the passion to code, create, and ultimately build an open, accessible and fair financial future, one piece of software at a time.
We are looking for a Cyber Threat Intelligence Lead to join our Security team as we tackle some of the most interesting problems in the crypto space, like how do we securely scale a distributed financial platform that touches millions of people a day.
At Blockchain.com, Security is a mindset and a set of engineering approaches to better protect stakeholders, users and systems by building our creative engineering solutions to hard, sometimes previously unseen problems. The Security team is responsible for the big picture of how systems are designed for Security, and we use a breadth of tools and approaches to solve a broad spectrum of problems. Practices aimed at achieving proactive identification of potential threat actors combined with in-depth investigation of security issues into iterative improvement are key to both product security and interesting and dynamic day-to-day work.
Security at Blockchain.com is a work in progress - we are looking for an experienced Cyber Threat Intelligence Lead to expand our Threat Intelligence platform and provide leadership across the Security and the broader engineering team. Are you ready for a challenge?
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
- You will be a Threat Intelligence lead responsible for detecting, tracking and taking down threat actors targeting Blockchain.com stakeholders and users and the crypto industry as a whole.
- You will be directly accountable for the development of high impact intelligence actionable plans.
- You will develop and implement tools to monitor and investigate threats, attacks and emerging trends.
- You will perform research and develop actionable solutions to complex technical problems involving security.
- You will assess threat data from internal and external sources in a proactive self-directed fashion as well as in response to customer inquiries.
- You will analyze campaign activity and identify customer-specific security threats and work with the engineering team to mitigate risks.
- You will lead key operational tasks and develop deliverables such as Security alerts, Intelligence reports, strategic assessments, customer replies.
- You will be able to play a critical role in evolving our Security practices.
- You will work in a fast paced, and dynamic environment complementing our high calibre team.
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
- In-depth knowledge on the cyber threat landscape, including threat actors, advanced cybercrime, attack types, tactics, techniques and procedures.
- Demonstrable background developing and implementing Threat Intelligence and hunting tools.
- Proven experience managing and containing large scale targeted attacks.
- Practical experience on incident detection and response, management, phishkit, malware research.
- Be familiar with Threat Intelligence principles and frameworks such as CBEST and TIBER and analysis techniques for intrusion analysis (Kill Chain, Diamond Model, MITRE ATT&CK).
- Strong focus on automation in at least one programming language.
- Comfortable doing source code analysis. Experience with crypto projects is a plus.
- Effective communication skills to share findings and analysis.
COMPENSATION & PERKS:
- Remote work enviornment.
- Apple equipment.
- Full-time salary based on experience and meaningful equity in an industry-leading company.
- LinkedIn profile.
- Link to github, stackoverflow, personal website and/or blog (if applicable).
- Favorite GIF
When you apply to a job on this site, the personal data contained in your application will be collected by one or more of the following subsidiaries of Blockchain Luxembourg S.A (each, a “Controller”):
- Blockchain Access UK Ltd.
- Blockchain (GB) Limited
- Blockchain (US), Inc.
- Blockchain (LT), UAB
You may contact our Data Protection Officer by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Your personal data will be processed for the purposes of managing Controller’s recruitment related activities, which include setting up and conducting interviews and tests for applicants, evaluating and assessing the results thereto, and as is otherwise needed in the recruitment and hiring processes. Such processing is legally permissible under Art. 6(1)(f) of Regulation (EU) 2016/679 (General Data Protection Regulation) as necessary for the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by the Controller, which are the solicitation, evaluation, and selection of applicants for employment.
Your personal data will be shared with Greenhouse Software, Inc., a cloud services provider located in the United States of America and engaged by Controller to help manage its recruitment and hiring process on Controller’s behalf. Accordingly, if you are located outside of the United States, your personal data will be transferred to the United States once you submit it through this site. Because the European Union Commission has determined that United States data privacy laws do not ensure an adequate level of protection for personal data collected from EU data subjects, the transfer will be subject to appropriate additional safeguards under the standard contractual clauses.
Your personal data will be retained by Controller as long as Controller determines it is necessary to evaluate your application for employment. Under the GDPR, you have the right to request access to your personal data, to request that your personal data be rectified or erased, and to request that processing of your personal data be restricted. You also have to right to data portability. In addition, you may lodge a complaint with an EU supervisory authority.