Data Engineer I
Braze (Nasdaq: BRZE) is a leading, comprehensive customer engagement platform that powers interactions between consumers and brands they love. With Braze, global brands like Burger King, Delivery Hero, HBO Max, Mercari, and Venmo can ingest and process customer data in real time, orchestrate and optimize contextually relevant, cross-channel marketing campaigns, and continuously evolve their customer engagement strategies. And we do it at scale – last fiscal year our customers used Braze to send approximately 1.5 trillion messages to billions of monthly active users.
But we’re so much more than our platform. Although we’ve recently grown to a team of over 1,300 people, Braze still buzzes with energy, collaboration, and transparency. We value curiosity, individuality, and tenacity—as part of the team, you’ll be encouraged to take your seat at the table and create your own destiny. Our values are inspired by our employees, which means Braze is a place where you can truly be yourself. We're growing, with a focus on building for the long term under tenured leadership and continuing to evolve for the better.
Need more proof? Braze is proudly certified as a Great Place to Work® in the U.S. and the UK. In 2022, Braze ranked #1 on Fortune’s Best Small and Medium Workplace in New York, #5 on Fortune’s Best Workplaces for Millennials in the US, and #11 on Fortune’s Best Medium Sized Workplace for Women in the UK.
You’ll find many of us at headquarters in New York City or around the world in Austin, Berlin, Chicago, London, Paris, San Francisco, Singapore, Tokyo, and Toronto.WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR
You are an engineer who loves working with data. The more data there is, the more excited you get. Data sources? The more, the better. Messy data doesn’t scare you. You want to learn and implement cutting edge technology that helps move, store, and analyze large and complex data sets. You are a data nerd. Or is it a data geek?WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Design, build, and manage efficient, fault-tolerant, and high-volume data pipelines
- Build and maintain ETLs
- Manage databases and tables
- Design, build, and test solutions that touch every part of the data pipeline
- Work with engineering to collect new data
- Expose new data for downstream users to use
- Enable more advanced analytics for Braze customers
- Support the data services team with data tools
- 3+ years of data-focused, technical experience working with large and complex data sets
- Experience with creating, monitoring, optimizing, improving, and scaling databases
- Experience writing ETL/ELT
- Working knowledge of Python and/or Ruby
- Working knowledge of AWS, Azure, and/or Google Cloud
- Security and privacy minded
- Fast learner, self-starter, go-getter, intellectually curious, all that jazz
- Bonus Points:
- Familiarity with analytics technologies (i.e. Looker) a plus
- Familiarity with non-relational databases (i.e. MongoDB) a plus
- Familiarity with Snowflake a plus
- Familiarity with Pandas a plus
- Familiarity with Kafka is a plus
WHAT WE OFFER
From comprehensive benefits to remote availability to flexible time off, we’ve got you covered so you can prioritize work-life harmony.
- Competitive compensation that includes equity
- Retirement and Employee Stock Purchase Plans
- Flexible paid time off
- Comprehensive benefit plans covering medical, dental, vision, life, and disability
- Family services that include fertility benefits and equal paid parental leave
- Global presence, dog-friendly offices, and remote availability
- Professional development supported by formal career pathing, learning platforms, and tuition reimbursement
- Community engagement opportunities throughout the year, including an annual company wide Volunteerism Week
- Employee Resource Groups that provide supportive communities within Braze
- Collaborative, transparent, and fun culture recognized as a Great Place to Work®
If you are a California resident subject to the California Consumer Privacy Act (“CCPA”), as amended by the California Privacy Rights Act (“CPRA”) which comes into effect January 1, 2023, click here to understand how Braze processes your personal information and how you can exercise your rights.