Come join us!
The Design Team at MVF consists of talented UX, UI Designers, Researchers, Creative Technologists and Product Designers. We are now looking to add a dedicated Design Manager focused on building teams and processes for high impact results. Design is a centralised resource for the business, and will partner with product teams, engineering and key stakeholders to define and solve problems.
As a Design Manager, you will foster an environment that allows your high-performing team to excel, bringing about measurable business impact through user-centric design principles. You will possess extensive knowledge and experience of user-centered design and will be accountable for the usability, accessibility and overall experience of the marketing funnels and user interfaces your team delivers.
What we're offering you
- Hybrid working (2 days per week remote)
- Flexible working hours
- Lots of room for growth and stretch assignments
- £1000 per year to spend on professional development
- Life Assurance to protect your loved ones
- Benefits allowance for health, dental and vision coverage
- Defined Contribution Pension and salary sacrifice scheme
- Be Well: Our award winning wellbeing and mental health programme to support all MVFers and their families
- Family Forward support for our MVF parents and their mini-mes
- Free breakfast when in the office
- Company off-sites and holiday incentives (Ibiza is our usual choice of destination!)
- A wide range of free health clubs including yoga, pilates, football, book club, boxing, personal training, jiu jitsu and choir - we also run some of these remotely so anyone can get involved!
What you'll be doing
- Utilise your strategic mindset to connect team effort with organisational strategy and help drive customer and commercial outcomes
- Help develop, improve and open-source our processes and best-practice to improve our problem-framing and solving capabilities
- Identify and understand the strengths and weaknesses within your team and create opportunities for individuals to grow and flourish
- Drive and improve our design ceremonies such as standups, critique sessions, retrospectives and planning meetings
- Attend planning meetings, manage your resources effectively to avoid delivery bottlenecks and manage stakeholder expectations accordingly
- Identify skill-gaps and head-count shortages within the team and help develop business cases to address these issues
- Work with internal talent partners to identify and recruit top talent, improving our hiring process along the way
About you / Requirements for the role
- Comfortable communicating progress at all levels of the organisation
- Able to set strong design direction and coach your team through execution, inline with business outcomes
- You can effectively manage and mitigate risk, change, and uncertainty within your team
- You advocate and promote user-centricity at all levels
- Can find the balance between quality outcomes and speed of execution and knows when to push back on short-termism
- You stay up to date with the latest design patterns, industry developments and tooling
- Demonstrable success managing a high-performing team of at least 3 people
- Able to drive multiple, related product/project areas at a time
- Enjoy facilitating workshops and getting stakeholder buy-ins
- Strong pitching and presentation skills
- In-depth knowledge of design craft fundamentals, principles and UX methodologies with a focus on user-centered outcomes, usability, accessibility and user interfaces
- Well-versed with in modern industry standard design tooling
- Ability to translate technical concepts into business language
- Experience working with product, engineering, brand, marketing and content teams with the ability to bring those disciplines together
- Understanding of the A/B testing process
MVF is an award-winning customer generation business supplying some of the world’s leading brands with high volumes of new customers in over 45 countries. In 2020 we were ranked 1st in the UK in the Sunday Times Best Companies to Work For List, and even won a special award for our commitment to our people’s learning and development.
We help people navigate complex buying decisions, driving more sales globally than anyone else. For our customers, this means they can trust our brands again and again to help them buy from suitable clients. For our clients, this means they rely on us to bring them unrivalled numbers of new customers who are prepared and ready to buy.
We want you to be a part of our success!
If this role sounds like something you would be interested in please apply today.
DEI at MVF
At MVF, we want to help others succeed.
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion are the foundation for MVF to build, promote and sustain a culture of trust, safety, growth and belonging where everyone can thrive. Our DEI guiding principles underpin how we build our teams, develop our talent, provide a fair working environment and create an ambitious company that reflects the diversity of our employees, customers, clients and partners, globally.
At MVF, we encourage the formation of employee led networks in order to bring employees with a shared interest together to advance diversity, equity and inclusion at MVF, whether as a member of a diverse community, or as an ally. We currently have three networks: LEEP (Lived Experience of Ethnic People), LGBTQ+ and Womens Network who all provide support, raise awareness, advance MVF’s DEI approach, commitments and objectives, develop communication, learning programmes and initiatives that lead to greater inclusion and belonging for all MVFers.
We’re committed to providing adjustments to those who may need them during the recruitment process. If you consider yourself someone who may need adjustments, please let your contact in the Talent Team know.
We are diverse by nature, but inclusive by choice.