Director of Strategic Finance and Analytics, Trust + Privacy
Airbnb was born in 2007 when two Hosts welcomed three guests to their San Francisco home, and has since grown to over 4 million Hosts who have welcomed more than 1 billion guest arrivals in almost every country across the globe. Every day, Hosts offer unique stays and experiences that make it possible for guests to connect with communities in a more authentic way.
The Difference You Will Make
The Director of FP&A, Trust & Privacy will be the key finance business partner to the Heads of Trust & Privacy and will help drive business outcomes through the efficient allocation of resources and data driven insights. This role will work closely with various members of the Trust & Privacy leadership teams and with various teams across finance including Corporate FP&A, Accounting, Investor Relations, Operations, and Financial Systems. This role will take the lead on all financial budgeting, planning and forecasting activities across the organization. Most importantly, this leader will be responsible for lowering Airbnb’s overall cost of per booking through actionable insights and through partnering with business development and product leaders.
A Typical Day
- Partner closely with the Heads of Trust and Privacy to drive finance and business outcomes through the efficient allocation of resources and data driven insights
- Develop a deep understanding of the financial and operating levers to drive leverage and efficiency
- Drive all finance related activities, including but not limited to: annual planning, monthly/quarterly forecasting, variance analysis, management reporting and insights
- Develop and deploy a standard process for measuring the financial impacts of product defects for new and existing products/features.
- Provide deal support and insights on new and exiting financial partner contracts
- Own and socialize finance calendar with leadership team to ensure business operations are aligned with all finance deliverables
- Lead and develop a team of finance professionals. Proactively educate all members of the direct team to drive a common knowledge base of Operations, Accounting, FP&A and systems / analytics.
- Partner closely with external partners and internal capacity planning to ensure compliance volume forecasts are aligned with corporate submissions and P&L forecast
- Partner closely with the business teams to develop a long term financial plan that is consistent with the Long Term Airbnb plan. Ensure the plan is grounded in reality and adjusted as needed to align with Airbnb’s long term growth plan
- Partner closely with Corporate FP&A to ensure all corporate deliverables are met and insights on performance are delivered on time for management reporting deadlines
- Implement controls around key spending areas that satisfy the needs of accounting/finance and business partners
- Provide ad-hoc support on cross functional initiatives, such as data clean-up as needed.
- 15+ years of experience with 5+ years of managerial experience
- Experience supporting a business leader at a large, reputable technology or financial services organization
- Proactive and creative problem solver with tremendous intellectual horsepower
- Exceptional ability to effectively collaborate with and influence business partners
- Strong experience leading, developing and growing high performing teams
- Strong communication skills to all levels of the organization, including board members
- Must have direct experience leading financial planning
How We'll Take Care of You:
Our job titles may span more than one career level. The starting base pay for this role is between $230,000 and $285,000. The actual base pay is dependent upon many factors, such as: training, transferable skills, work experience, business needs and market demands. The base pay range is subject to change and may be modified in the future. This role may also be eligible for bonus, equity, benefits, and Employee Travel Credits.
This position is US - Remote Eligible. The role may include occasional work at an Airbnb office or attendance at offsites, as agreed to with your manager. Airbnb,Inc. can employ in states where we have registered entities. Currently, employees can not be located in: Alaska, Indiana, Nebraska, North Dakota, Ohio, South Dakota, Wisconsin, Alabama, Mississippi, Oklahoma, Delaware and Rhode Island. This list is continuously evolving and being updated, please check back with us if the state you live in is on the exclusion list. If your position is employed by another Airbnb entity, your recruiter will inform you what states you are eligible to work from.
Our Commitment To Inclusion & Belonging:
Airbnb is committed to working with the broadest talent pool possible. We believe diverse ideas foster innovation and engagement, and allow us to attract creatively-led people, and to develop the best products, services and solutions. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply. If you need assistance, or a reasonable accommodation during the application and recruiting process, please contact us at: email@example.com.