Engineering Program Manager
Smarkets is an exchange platform for betting and trading on sport and politics. We operate two main consumer products - the Smarkets exchange and SBK sportsbook app - in the UK, US, and other global markets.
As an Engineering Program Manager, you will be driving programs representing cross-functional functionalities that may involve every part of the engineering stack and teams as well as non-technical stakeholders. You will be the enabler for the collaboration to happen, the driving force for the right conversation to take place and coordinate timelines, scope and deliverables. You’ll report to the Chief Product Officer; you won’t settle for anything but excellence and drive the culture towards it.What you’ll do
- Coordinate with Product Management and Customer Experience Management to identify the next program to be driven
- Coordinate schedule, meetings, notes, scope, timelines and deliverables across all involved stakeholder
- Drive conversations, trigger the right questions, guide the collaboration towards action items
- Report on progress, tell the story and represent the program internally
- Structure the work on our project management tool
- Develop and implement the next processes or tools to support our collaborative work.
- 5+ years working as a delivery manager, project manager or program manager
- 3+ years of experience working in a high tech, web-focused company with high demand for reliability and uptime
- Great communication skills, not only verbal and written but also soft skills
- Experience in Agile Project/Portfolio Management tools specifically Jira/Confluence.
- Working experience of Agile Methodologies including Scrum and Kanban.
- Push to win
- Make others better
- Give a shit
- Be a pro
- Bring the energy
Our mission at Smarkets is to fix the betting industry with the best products and best prices. Smarkets is a Series B startup that brings a professional, tech-led approach to the sports and political betting industry with a sophisticated platform that has handled over £25 billion in traded volume since 2010.
We embrace collaboration, trust, innovation and scientific rigour, while we celebrate ambitious goals and passionate energy. We push ourselves to be the best and lean into challenges to ensure that we are continually developing at both an individual and organisational level. This has enabled us to be where we are today and leads us to where we want to be next.
Our culture rewards people on merit and excellence and we strive to provide a working environment where recognition, challenges, support, collaboration, interesting benefits and shared meals provided by our chefs mix together to let you unlock your potential, grow with us and become your best self.
Smarkets is an equal opportunities employer and takes active steps to prevent bias and discrimination in our interview process. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability or gender identity.
Please note that visa sponsorship is not available for this position.