Executive Assistant, Co-founder
At Lyft, community is what we are and it’s what we do. It’s what makes us different. To create the best ride for all, we start in our own community by creating an open, inclusive, and diverse organization where all team members are recognized for what they bring.
We are looking for a special Executive Business Partner to work alongside our Co-founder/President. Our ideal candidate has a heart for hospitality and a bias for action — a person who enjoys working in an energetic environment and helping a busy executive maximize their impact. You are incredibly organized and detail-oriented, and a community-oriented team player who understands the power of building strong relationships. This role will require working during West Coast hours.
- Proactively and strategically manage the Co-founder/President’s calendar, travel, and other administrative tasks; also supports personal tasks as needed
- Work closely with the Co-founder/President and Chief of Staff (CoS) to keep them informed of agendas, presentations, and decisions needed prior to meetings
- Project-manage initiatives and work streams; keeping track of progress, identifying areas for efficiencies, and ensuring timely completion of projects
- Serve as a strategic partner and advisor for the Co-founder/President to help make well-informed decisions
- Manage clear communication between stakeholders, identify gaps in visibility and propose solutions
- Independently and proactively provide solutions to issues and escalate if necessary
- Stay abreast of the Co-founder/President’s priorities and major projects, serving as a resource for other stakeholders when needed
- Plan offsites and team events
- Provide peer mentorship and coaching to other Executive Business Partners
- 6+ years experience as an Executive Assistant for a C-level executive
- Ability to anticipate and proactively manage responsibilities and tasks
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills; demonstrated experience building strong partnerships and managing clear communications across stakeholders
- High EQ and ability to build solid relationships across all levels of the organization
- Incredibly detail-oriented with a creative working style
- Great project management chops
- “Roll up your sleeves” mentality; can take even the smallest project and run with it to successful completion
- Brings a growth mindset to the team
- Passion for Lyft!
- Great medical, dental, and vision insurance options
- Mental health benefits
- In addition to 12 observed holidays, salaried team members have unlimited paid time off, hourly team members have 15 days paid time off
- 401(k) plan to help save for your future
- 18 weeks of paid parental leave. Biological, adoptive, and foster parents are all eligible
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Lyft Pink - Lyft team members get an exclusive opportunity to test new benefits of our Ridership Program
Lyft is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that proudly pursues and hires a diverse workforce. Lyft does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion or religious belief, ethnic or national origin, nationality, sex, gender, gender-identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws or prohibited by Company policy. Lyft also strives for a healthy and safe workplace and strictly prohibits harassment of any kind. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and other similar state laws and local ordinances, and its internal policy, Lyft will also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Until further notice, Lyft employees working in the United States and Canada in any capacity (on a daily or hybrid schedule, remote, or as a visitor) are required to provide proof that they are fully vaccinated and up to date against COVID-19. Fully vaccinated and up to date means an employee has: 1) received all recommended doses in a primary series of COVID-19 vaccine; and 2) either has received a booster dose or is not yet eligible to receive a booster dose but will do so when eligible. Lyft will maintain records associated with your vaccination history in a way that is compliant with all relevant Federal, state and local laws. Exceptions to this requirement are employees who require religious or medical exemption as approved through Lyft's accommodations process. New employees must provide proof of full vaccination or receive an accommodation exception approval prior to their start date.