Graphics Engineer AR/VR
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started. The Reality Labs team at Facebook is helping people around the world come together and connect through world-class Augmented and Virtual Reality hardware and software. We are developing the future of AR and VR, bringing products to consumers that transform entertainment and social experiences. The potential of AR/VR to connect the world is immense—and we’re just getting started. With global departments dedicated to AR/VR research, computer vision, haptics, social interaction, and more, AR/VR is committed to driving the state of the art forward through relentless innovation. Our teams explore, develop, and deliver new cutting-edge technologies that serve as the foundation of current and future AR/VR products. As a Graphics Engineer for one of our family of products (Oculus, Core Tech, Facebook Reality Labs, Spark AR and Portal), you will help build simulation tools and interactive experiences for algorithm and data visualization. We have a wide variety of roles, spanning visualization, rendering and compression, and have room for a variety of experience levels. These roles are ideal for someone passionate about AR/VR, computer graphics and user experience design.
- Develop innovative graphics techniques, algorithms, and tools to maximize graphics quality and performance
- Collaborate with Product Designers, Product Managers, Software Engineers and animation artists, to deliver the best Graphics solutions
- Document and support graphics features
- Write high-quality, performant, and maintainable code
- Improve current custom multi-platform engine
- Collaborate with cross-functional engineering teams to deliver innovation into AR/VR products
- 3+ years of object-oriented and component based design experience.
- 3+ years of experience with C/C++ programming.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience in Computer Science or similar field.
- Knowledge of image processing and computer vision techniques.
- Knowledge of ray tracing, rasterization and linear algebra.
- Virtual reality experience (Rift, Vive, Go, Gear VR, etc.), AR or MR.
- Experience implementing advanced 3D graphics features such as lighting, effects, shaders and other low-level systems.
- Experience delivering AAA Games.
- Experience with mobile CPU/GPU programming.
- Experience developing or modifying camera pipeline on mobile platform.
- Experience with tools such as Maya, Houdini, Blender, 3Ds Max, Arnold, RenderMan, or Cycles.