Head of People POS
Head of People - POS Tribe
SumUp is a digital ecosystem dedicated to local entrepreneurs. Our range of solutions answers all our merchants' challenges; from reservations, through click and collect, deliveries and digital payment, to the management of their business thanks to intuitive and comprehensive financial analytics.
In SumUp POS, we are creating the world’s most complete Point of Sale, for all merchants in all businesses. We take care of the details so that merchants can focus on what they do best. We help merchants better connect to their business, to their customers and to each other. SumUp POS offers more than a cash register, it offers an innovative ecosystem where our POS Tribe of over 400 people in Paris, Milan, Barcelona, Germany and the UK are working hard to go as far as possible and become the European leader in our market.
As Head of People for the POS Tribe, you’ll be working with cross-functional teams which includes engineers, product managers, designers, as well as corporate and commercial functions. You’ll ensure that the team’s organisational structure is developed in a scalable way, that the leadership team is challenged and coached in a way that encourages their development – and make sure this team forms into a singular entity, working together towards a common goal. Additionally, you will be part of the Global People Core leadership team, together with other heads of people and functional leads, collaborating on company-wide programs, policies and processes and co-creating people strategy across the global organisation.
What you’ll do
- Partner with and advise POS Pro leadership on People-related strategy and decisions
- Coach and guide leadership towards desired situational leadership styles that enable autonomous teams
- Drive organisational health & work with People Partners and leaders to co-create action plans to improve performance, productivity, engagement and retention
- Future-proof teams through proactively advising on skills gaps in the various teams – help to define new roles
- Advise on organisational structure as we evolve and grow in size
- Collaborate to develop global strategies and programs based on data insights.
- Deployment of people initiatives and actions from the SumUp people calendar in collaboration with the other people teams: compensation cycles, feedback & development cycles, talent reviews, etc.
You’ll be great for this role if you:
- Have relevant experience in Human Resources related roles with a proven track record as a Head of People/Lead people partner or equivalent.
- Have very high and demonstrable leadership capabilities
- Have influential coaching communication skills – can present vision in an articulate way that inspires teams and other leaders
- Have proven experience guiding large teams and People leaders through transformations within a fast growing tech environment.
- Have previous experience working in an agile environment/tribalised organisation
Why you should join SumUp
- We are a true global tech company with presence in Europe, LatAm and the US.
- An amazing team and work environment that works with passion and purpose to achieve incredible results.
- We offer visa and relocation support for you, your family, and even your pets.
- We have a Kita (kindergarten) cooperation in order to facilitate finding childcare in Berlin.
- We offer a corporate pension scheme, 28 days’ paid annual leave, free German and yoga classes, subsidized Urban Sports Club membership and other great benefits.
- Our modern office is based in the centre of Berlin, offers amazing views over the rooftops and features beautiful kitchens, community areas and our own gym.
We believe in the everyday hero.
Small business owners are at the heart of all we do, so we're creating tools that help them run their businesses. With a founder’s mentality and a 'team-first' attitude, our diverse teams across Europe and South and North America work together to ensure that the small business owners we partner with can be successful doing what they love.
SumUp is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that proudly pursues and hires a diverse workforce. SumUp does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion or religious belief, ethnic or national origin, nationality, sex, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age or any other basis protected by applicable laws or prohibited by company policy. SumUp also strives for a healthy and safe workplace and strictly prohibits harassment of any kind.
SumUp will not accept unsolicited resumes from any source other than directly from a candidate.
Job Application Tip
We recognise that candidates feel they need to meet 100% of the job criteria in order to apply for a job. Please note that this is only a guide. If you don’t tick every box, it’s ok too because it means you have room to learn and develop your career at SumUp.