Legal Counsel, Commercial and Marketing
Airbnb was born in 2007 when two Hosts welcomed three guests to their San Francisco home, and has since grown to over 4 million Hosts who have welcomed more than 1 billion guest arrivals in almost every country across the globe. Every day, Hosts offer unique stays and experiences that make it possible for guests to connect with communities in a more authentic way.
[Note: This role is open in Australia and Singapore. This is for the Australia role. Please apply to the right location as there are different privacy notices. Kindly note that the Australia based roles requires you to be located in WA or NSW. Thank you.]
The Community you will join:
Airbnb’s Legal team embodies the company’s innovative, forward-thinking spirit. At the frontier of the new sharing economy, Airbnb is breaking new ground in matters of policy, law, and government relations. Where some see obstacles, we see the opportunity to find creative, practical solutions, right at the cutting edge. Our adventurous, fast-moving legal team is committed to building a team of talented, collaborative and self-motivated legal professionals across the globe who believe in Airbnb’s mission and leading as a 21st century company.
The difference you will make:
Our APAC Legal Team is growing and we want you to be part of it! As a Marketing & Commercial Legal Counsel reporting to the APAC Associate General Counsel, you will help our dynamic teams in APAC plan and execute exciting and impactful marketing and brand campaigns that propel Airbnb to the forefront of global brand recognition and support commercial contracting work for the APAC region.
A typical day:
- Advise on, draft and negotiate commercial contracts and documents, including those required by our Marketing and Comms teams to execute major brand campaigns and activations in the APAC region and globally
- Advise on and manage the execution of various consumer contests in the APAC region and globally, drafting all necessary rules and T&Cs
- Provide pragmatic day-to-day advice to our Marketing and Comms teams on legal risks while advancing business interests and ensuring an excellent customer experience
- Effectively collaborate with international colleagues, whether in APAC or in the US, to provide globally aligned legal advice that appropriately balances local and global perspectives and needs
- Help design, implement and iterate legal team processes to keep up a high level of efficiency
- Help manage team resources to align with business priorities and objectives
- Active championship of Airbnb’s mission, ethics and integrity
- Support for Airbnb’s commitment to building and maintaining a diverse and inclusive workplace, free of discrimination and harassment
- Qualified in a major jurisdiction
- 6+ year post-qualification experience, including ideally some corporate commercial experience in practice as well as in-house and prior experience in areas such as IP, marketing and advertising laws, consumer protection and e-commerce
- Fluency (reading/writing/speaking) in English is essential
- Demonstrated expertise and experience in navigating matters independently and with maturity. A good team player who is considerate of others’ needs and priorities
- Motivated, efficient, and organized with proven ability to thrive in a fast-paced and high-pressure environment
- Exceptional ability to consistently deliver creative, thoughtful and business-oriented results that appropriately balances business growth and legal risk
- Outstanding analytical and communication skills with a proven capacity to advocate for a position while maintaining collaborative and open-minded approach
- Driven, high integrity, self-starting, adaptable, excellent judgment, strong sense of humour and love for adventure and fun
Our commitment to inclusion & belonging:
Airbnb is committed to working with the broadest talent pool possible. We believe diverse ideas foster innovation and engagement, and allow us to attract creatively-led people, and to develop the best products, services and solutions. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply.