SumUp is a digital ecosystem dedicated to local entrepreneurs. Our range of solutions answers all our merchants' challenges; from reservations, through click and collect, deliveries and digital payment, to the management of their business thanks to intuitive and comprehensive financial analytics.
In SumUp POS, we are creating the world’s most complete Point of Sale, for all merchants in all businesses. We take care of the details so that merchants can focus on what they do best. We help merchants better connect to their business, to their customers and to each other.
SumUp POS offers more than a cash register, it offers an innovative ecosystem where our POS Tribe of over 400 people in Paris, Milan, Barcelona, Germany and the UK are working hard to go as far as possible and become the European leader in our market.
As a senior developer, you'll help us to migrate our actual iOS swift application to a new Kotlin Multiplatform software factory, based on Reactive Redux architecture.
You’ll face multiple technical challenges: live synchronization with multiple tablets, integration with different devices (printers, payment terminals, etc.).
Please note this role can be based in Paris, Berlin, Milan, UK, or Barcelona.
What you’ll do:
- Contribute to the development of our POS App and shareable components (multiplatform components between mobile and backend infrastructure) as a mobile developer
- Participate in the team's choices and best practices, guaranteeing the quality of the solutions proposed to merchants
- Master a global vision of the product life cycle: understanding business needs, architecture and technical choices, development, testing, CI / CD, fixing, etc.
- Support developers to progress together
- Have a minimum of 4 years of professional experience in mobile (iOS / Android)
- A good mastering / passion for Swift and Kotlin
- Knowledge of Kotlin Multi Platform (personal skill, no need to have production app)
- Understand Reactive programming
- Knowledge in SwiftUI or JetPack Compose
- Knowledge of AWS is a desirable, not essential
- Proficiency in English
Why you should join SumUp:
- Have full autonomy (for real!) to propose, lead and implement changes that will up our game.
- You will have the freedom to drive your career, own projects and make an impact across the company.
- An amazing team and work environment that works with passion and purpose to achieve incredible results.
- We get together regularly for breakfasts, team events, office parties and sports.
Meet us! 💬
- 30 Minute zoom interview with TA
- Technical test and a video conference interview with our Mobile Tech Lead
- Fit interview with 2 members of R&D Team
- A video conference interview with our CTO
- A final with a Sumup executive manager.
We believe in the everyday hero.
Small business owners are at the heart of all we do, so we're creating tools that help them run their businesses. With a founders mentality and a 'team-first’ attitude, our diverse teams across Europe, South America and the United States work together to ensure that the small business owners we partner with can be successful doing what they love.
SumUp is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that proudly pursues and hires a diverse workforce. SumUp does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, colour, religion or religious belief, ethnic or national origin, nationality, sex, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age or any other basis protected by applicable laws or prohibited by company policy. SumUp also strives for a healthy and safe workplace and strictly prohibits harassment of any kind.
Job Application Tip
We recognise that candidates feel they need to meet 100% of the job criteria in order to apply for a job. Please note that this is only a guide. If you don’t tick every box, it’s ok too because it means you have room to learn and develop your career at SumUp.