Operations Manager, Financial Health (Collections)
📍Remote | 💰 £45,000 - £65,000 + Benefits |
We’re here to make money work for everyone and we're doing things differently. For too long, banking has been obtuse, complex and opaque.
We want to change that and build a bank with everyone, for everyone. Our amazing community suggests features, test the app and give us constant feedback so we can build something everyone loves.
We're focused on solving problems, rather than selling financial products. We want to make the world a better place and change people's lives through Monzo.
What you’ll be doing:
We have an amazing opportunity for an Operations Manager in Financial Health to support our leadership team. Monzo’s mission is to make money work for everyone, and this is especially important to us when our customers need help with their Monzo borrowing products, or may be struggling to repay. As our lending portfolio grows, we are seeing increasing queries from customers and inevitably from people falling into financial difficulties and who are potentially vulnerable. These conversations/queries are often technical or sensitive in nature, requiring our Fin Health COps to have a deep level of knowledge on our lending products, the assessment of customers affordability and potential vulnerabilities and how to meet our regulator’s high expectations.
To facilitate this, you’ll have the opportunity to lead teams working on a broad variety of financial difficulties tasks. Every person in our team cares deeply about their work and the impact that it can have on Monzo and our customers. We work in squads of around 12 people, working on a variety of tasks. Some squads have an additional focus on specific types of work that are more complex in nature, while others have a more diverse set of skills.
Each Operations Manager supports and coordinates the work of their COps. You’ll directly manage around 6 Team Managers,, and help them build successful teams and achieve their professional development goals. You’ll organise people around you, be a point of escalation, and take appropriate action whenever you see a problem coming - whether it’s a service challenge, a risk associated with a financial difficulties task, or an urgent personal issue. You’ll listen to your people, guide them through the challenges associated with scaling a company like Monzo, celebrate their every success, and drive the right outcomes for our customers and Monzo.
You’ll also have responsibility for some disciplinary and grievance matters and work closely with your colleagues in other COps teams and the People team to make sure that we apply these policies fairly across all areas of the COps team.
- Collaborating with our Borrowing Collective to ensure consistency and driving change at pace as we manage growth
- Instilling a culture focused on the completion of accurate, efficient work, and risk-awareness, in a team that needs to be laser-focused on both the customer experience and meeting regulatory requirements
- Impacting how Monzo’s lending products evolve to make sure that we have the customer at the centre of everything we do which hasn’t always been the case in this industry.
- Helping Team Managers excel in their roles by having regular 1:1s, giving and receiving candid feedback, interpreting and acting on management information, coaching through challenging problems.
- Contributing to a high performance culture.
- Running group sessions for leaders, e.g knowledge sharing sessions.
- Support in the interviewing and hiring of new leaders and COps.
- Helping us become an exceptional place to work for the ambitious, highly-motivated, and mission-led COps that we hire.
You should apply if:
- You have significant experience working in a leadership position. Experience in leading teams working in collections, recoveries or back office within the financial difficulties space is a must.
- You’ve led successful, large teams to achieve their goals and have an empathetic leadership style.
- You’re as comfortable working 1:1 as communicating with large groups.
- You empower your people to find solutions themselves.
- You are an effective advocate and communicator of change.
- You can motivate multiple teams working on ongoing operational work.
- You are very hands-on and solve problems when you spot them.
- What we are doing at Monzo excites you!
- You are comfortable working and communicating remotely.The Interview Process:
Our interview process involves 4 main stages:
- Recruiter Call
- Leadership and Technical Interview
- Values interview
Our average process takes around 2-3 weeks but we will always work around your availability. You will have the chance to speak to our recruitment team at various points during your process but if you do have any specific questions ahead of this please contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org
What’s in it for you:
💰 £45,000 - £65,000 ➕ plus stock options & benefits
📍This is a distributed working role therefore you can be based anywhere within the UK
⏰ We offer flexible working hours and trust you to work enough hours to do your job well, at times that suit you and your team.
📚 Learning budget of £1,000 a year for books, training courses and conferences
➕ And much more, see our full list of benefits here
Closing date Tuesday 11th April at 9am
Equal Opportunity Statement
We are actively creating an equitable environment for every Monzonaut to thrive.
Diversity and inclusion are a priority for us and we are making sure we have lots of support for all of our people to grow at Monzo. At Monzo, embracing diversity in all of its forms and fostering an inclusive environment for all people to do the best work of their lives with us. This is integral to our mission of making money work for everyone. You can read more in our blog, 2021 Diversity and Inclusion Report and 2022 Gender Pay Gap Report.
We’re an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to age, ethnicity, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, family or parental status, national origin, or veteran, neurodiversity or disability status.