Principal Software Engineer
Are you a Engineering Rockstar? Do you want to work with an amazing team? Do you want to get up every morning excited to really be making a difference in the world?
If the answer is YES, come join us!
At Nuix, we do things differently than our competitors. Our philosophy is about hiring the best from around the world and enabling them to do what they do best. We are committed to leading edge technology, fanatical customer service, and growing our business. Be part of the team that is changing the way eDiscovery, information governance, forensic and electronic investigations are being conducted around the world.
- Designing, developing, improving and debugging server software
- Maintenance and enhancement of the server REST API
- Overseeing the development, design and scale strategy
- Addressing problems of systems integration and compatibility
- Partnering with the architect of the system on design decisions.
- Working closely with endpoint engineers to collect and store relevant data in an ultra-efficient fashion
- Leading the design specifications and associated code of the endpoint server
- Working closely with the QA team to provide automated testing strategies and implementation for scale and regression.
- Recommending, researching and implementing design, development, and integration solutions for communication with endpoints and UI.
- Instructing and checking the work of other software developers on development team
- Overseeing the design and implementation strategy for the system database
- Developing top quality, stable code
- Ability to work with large volumes of data and knowledge of big data machine learning techniques.
- Ensuring product components are easily tested and maintained
- Master’s Degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- At least 10 years of C++/C programming experience
- Strong networking knowledge and experience to include TCP/IP protocols, BSD socket APIs, and other Windows networking APIs.
- Strong knowledge and experience with threading and thread pooling APIs on Windows and other systems
- Reverse engineering and malware analysis experience
- Broad knowledge of operating system internals, including Windows, Linux, and/or Mac OS X
- Broad knowledge of security technologies such as HIPS, NIDS, AV, and Exploit Detection
- Knowledge of file system and network drivers
- Strong problem solving and analysis ability
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to work with others in a constructive and collaborative manner
- Self-starter, strong work ethic, excellent interpersonal skills and a positive attitude
- Ability to remain organized while multi-tasking
- Ability to demonstrate excitement about and connection to the Nuix mission and values
- Ability to thrive in a fast paced, agile environment with a sense of urgency and attention to detail
- Willingness to learn & develop professionally
- Proven track record to leadership style that takes ownership, accountability & responsibility for deliverables & continuously striving for improvement
- Genuine commitment to providing solutions based customer experiences
- Excellent communication skills both verbal & written
- Previous experience working across varied time zones
- Complete commitment to collaborating with team to achieve high performance and meet targets
- Ability to occasionally travel locally and/or globally (as applicable)
- Willingness to work flexible hours in line with the needs of an international company
In return you will be offered:
A great working environment with a fast-growing global software company. Upon full time employment we offer competitive benefits and compensation including but not limited to: Paid Time Off, 401 K, health, dental, vision, disability and life insurance and an opportunity for quarterly bonuses.