Product Design - Manager - Vault
US or Canada (Remote); #LI-RemoteMeet the Team
Vault is HashiCorp’s multi-cloud security platform. Its open-source community has tens of thousands of active, engaged users. Its enterprise users are some of the largest finance, healthcare, and technology companies in the world.
Vault’s core use cases are in Secrets Management, Encryption, and Access/Identity Management. The Vault product design team is passionate about helping our customers reduce the risk of data exposure and security breaches.
You’ll manage a team of excellent individual contributors across our Associate Product Designer to Senior Designer II levels. This team supports Vault’s current and yet-to-be released product offerings.What We Do
We design and build workflows to enable our customers to secure their applications and protect sensitive information data. We focus on enabling platform teams and their customers (typically developers) to adopt and improve strong security practices.
We do this with the user at heart and our ‘beauty works better’ principle in hand. We believe the design process can and should feel satisfying for stakeholders, continually improve with insights, and regularly deliver positive outcomes for our business.What You’ll Do
As Product Design Manager for Vault, you will manage people, priorities, and processes in service of helping the team do their best work. You will partner with Product and Engineering peers to set priorities, goals, and roadmaps.
You’ll develop a strong domain understanding - the technology and features of Vault and the end-to-end user workflows it enables - and help your team continue to develop theirs. The key will be ensuring product designers build knowledge through generative research and enacting plans to validate designs through user testing and analytics.
As the Product Design Leader for Vault, you’ll help us maintain a focus on user experience across Vault and identify strategic opportunities for improvement. You’ll work with your cross-functional peers to drive awareness and prioritize initiatives to improve the user experience measurably. You’ll contribute to product strategy and vision discussions and help drive alignment through the work of the team.
As a people leader, you’ll help improve the happiness and productivity of your team by identifying strengths and development opportunities and crafting career plans that help you advocate for them as they grow. The quality and timeliness of the team’s work are dependent on the right processes, tools, and partnerships, so you’ll use your experience and expertise to guide your team through 1:1s, design reviews, and other ceremonies.Your Roadmap to Success
Your First 30-Days
- Develop your domain understanding.
- Create trust with the team and the individuals on the team.
- Build relationships with our partners (esp. Product, Engineering, and Technical Product Management).
- Start to identify areas to improve processes and working relationships.
Your First 90-Days
- Identify opportunities to improve usability and begin working cross-functionality to address them.
- Establish a set of goals for the product design team that excite and motivate them.
- Shape our workflows and practices to improve prioritization, collaboration, and project velocity.
- Nurture the team and partners to stay focused on critical priorities.
- Ensure designs high-quality design deliverables that align with the strategic direction of the product.
- Continue to champion the user experience and advocate for improvements.
- Establish an effective rhythm of business for yourself and your team.
- Demonstrate progress toward goals.
Colorado, California, Washington and New York City Applicants: To view base salary ranges for this role in your location and to learn more about which roles are eligible for bonus pay or commissions, please visit our Pay Transparency Calculator below. Individual pay within the range will be determined based on job related-factors such as skills, experience, and education or training. Information on our benefits can be found via the link below. Intern ranges can be found below.
- Pay Transparency Calculator: https://bit.ly/3B7gwql
- Benefits: https://www.hashicorp.com/careers/benefits
- Intern Ranges: https://bit.ly/3H2soha