Product Director - Traveler Experience
We believe that we are better together, and at Tripadvisor we welcome you for who you are. Our workplace is for everyone, as is our people powered platform. At Tripadvisor, we want you to bring your unique identities, abilities, and experiences, so we can collectively revolutionize travel and together find the good out there.
Location Oxford or London (Hybrid remote)
Viator provides a unique, global work environment that captures the speed, innovation and excitement of a startup, at a thriving, growing and well-established industry brand. At Viator, you will be part of a dynamic, fun, and energetic team where you can immediately make meaningful contributions.
The Viator team is seeking an innovative, and passionate Product Director for the Traveler team to help us drive the product strategy and subsequent execution across our websites and mobile apps. You will help drive revenue growth by focusing on solving customer problems so that we deliver on our vision to make the Viator site and app the easiest way for travelers to find and book great things to do, time after time.
In this role you will help define the product strategy for the traveler team with other Product Directors and then work with your product managers to deliver on that strategy. The successful candidate will have led multiple product teams and be able to demonstrate a track record of success in defining a vision and then successfully delivering against that vision with products that customers love to use. You will be able to craft and articulate a vision that primarily delivers for customers but also enthuses and guides our Engineering, Design, Marketing, Machine learning, Analytics and Traffic teams. You will also be able to build the commercial business cases that support the investment in the product vision. Your communication skills will allow you to excel at collaborating within a global environment that spans Europe, USA and Australia
The Product Director will be based in our Oxford or London offices reporting to the Head of Product for the Traveler team. Remote working with regular attendance at the office is also an option.
What You Will Do
- Influence decision making at the highest levels of the company and support establish clear objectives and key results
- Build data and market insight informed business cases for investment and then prioritise those investments and translate them into compelling roadmaps that deliver against the objectives and key results as established for Viator as a whole
- Work with Engineering to define the appropriate technical strategy to achieve our goals
- Work with Design to ensure a coherent and customer centric user experience that aligns across all of Viator’s channels
- Work with our Content, Performance Marketing and CRM teams to define and enable a successful customer engagement strategy
- Work with our Analytics and Machine Learning teams to use data to drive decision making and traveler engagement
- Manage a team of Product managers across 2-4 distinct, cross functional product pods
- Track our competitive position with respect to mobile against our competitors and the broader expectations of mobile apps in the world at large
- Work with your peers in the Traveler product team to define and deliver an excellent, multichannel user experience that drives business results
What You Will Bring to the Team
- 10+ years of Product Management experience, including 5+ years of team leadership
- 10+ years of data driven product optimization with proven ability to interpret data and trends, diagnose problems and formulate action plans to resolve those problems
- Proven ability to articulate a product vision and to then motivate a team to deliver against that vision
- Passion for making decisions quickly in order to seize opportunities that will lead to success
- Good understanding of how multiple online channels and traffic sources can complement each other to drive commercial performance
- Laser focus on providing an excellent customer experience that drives business results
- A self-starter who demonstrates initiative and tenacity while working independently. Thrives on challenges and is not deterred by difficult situations. Works proactively rather than reactively
- Comfortable with and adaptable to change. We work in an innovative fast growth environment where products and processes evolve rapidly
We strive to create an accessible and inclusive experience for all candidates. If you need a reasonable accommodation during the application or the recruiting process, please make sure to reach out to your individual recruiter or our team at email@example.com.