Product Director - Traveler Experience
Viator’s mission is to bring more wonder into the world. To bring extraordinary, unexpected, and forever-memorable experiences to more people, more often, wherever they’re traveling, wherever they are. In doing so, Viator elevates thousands of businesses, large and small, along the way.
With Viator, they’ve experienced the best of the world’s oldest cities, and rediscovered their hometowns through new eyes. They’ve faced their fears ziplining across the jungles of Costa Rica, hot air ballooning above Turkey’s Cappadocia, and trekking through the glaciers of New Zealand. Over wine-tasting and walking tours, they’ve reunited with family and friends after COVID-enforced separations.
We’re the largest marketplace of our kind: a single place where travelers can book more than 300,000 tours, experiences, and activities
We’re used by millions of travelers to find everything from walking tours and wineries, to cooking classes and catamarans, to sailing and spelunking, to bus tours and breweries. Our hundreds of thousands of experiences are in nearly every country around the world. And our team is international, too. We have people in Singapore, Sydney, Oxford, London, Lisbon, Reykjavik, Boston, San Francisco, and more.
The Viator team is seeking an innovative, and passionate Product Director for the Traveler team to help develop and drive product strategy and subsequent execution across our websites and mobile apps. You will help drive revenue growth by focusing on solving customer problems so that we deliver on our vision to make the Viator site and app the easiest way for travelers to find, book and experience great things to do, time after time.
In this role you will help define the product strategy for the traveler team with other Product Directors and then work with your product managers to deliver on that strategy. The successful candidate will have led multiple product teams and be able to demonstrate a track record of success in defining a vision and then successfully delivering against that vision with products that customers love to use. You will be able to craft and articulate a vision that primarily delivers for customers but also enthuses and guides our Engineering, Design, Marketing, Machine learning, Analytics and Traffic teams. You will also be able to build the commercial business cases that support the investment in that vision. Your communication skills will allow you to excel at collaborating within a global environment that spans Europe, USA and Australasia.
The Product Director will report to the Head of Product for the Traveler team.
What You Will Do
● Influence decision making at the highest levels of the company and support establish clear objectives and key results
● Build data and market insight informed business cases for investment and then prioritise those investments and translate them into compelling roadmaps that deliver against the objectives and key results as established for Viator as a whole
● Work with Engineering to define the appropriate technical strategy to achieve our goals
● Work with Design to ensure a coherent and customer centric user experience that aligns across all of Viator’s channels
● Work with our Content, Performance Marketing and CRM teams to define and enable a successful customer engagement strategy
● Work with our Analytics and Machine Learning teams to use data to drive decision making and traveler engagement
● Manage a team of Product managers across 2-4 distinct, cross functional product pods
● Track our competitive position with respect to mobile against our competitors and the broader expectations of mobile apps in the world at large
● Work with your peers in the Traveler product team to define and deliver an excellent, multichannel user experience that drives business results
What You Will Bring to the Team
● 10+ years of Product Management experience, including 5+ years of team leadership
● 10+ years of data driven product optimization with proven ability to interpret data and trends, diagnose problems and formulate action plans to resolve those problems
● Proven ability to articulate a product vision and to then motivate a team to deliver against that vision
● Passion for making decisions quickly in order to seize opportunities that will lead to success
● Good understanding of how multiple online channels and traffic sources can complement each other to drive commercial performance
● Laser focus on providing an excellent customer experience that drives business results
● A self-starter who demonstrates initiative and tenacity while working independently. Thrives on challenges and is not deterred by difficult situations. Works proactively rather than reactively
● Comfortable with and adaptable to change. We work in an innovative fast growth environment where products and processes evolve rapidly
Where you will be
Viator is a remote-first company, seeking to provide an environment of ultimate flexibility and trust within our teams but with regular access to one of our global hubs, in this case our Oxford office. If you would like to work in the office, at home or as a hybrid between the 2 then Viator provides that flexibility.
Viator’s remote-first experience is centered around:
Intentionality and making our time together count. For some, this will mean traveling to be with colleagues on a regular basis. For some, it will mean being in the office for specific training, development, and growth. And for others, it will mean choosing to be in the office a couple times each week to foster connection.
Empowerment: Entrusting teams and individuals to work together to best harmonize the personal with the professional.
Diversity, and recognizing that our teams and employees have different needs – location, responsibility, hours worked, and collaboration levels. Different teams and different people will take different approaches. Some of our team members will be located remotely. Some will be near our offices.
Trust and focusing on the quality of work above all.