Product Manager - Natural Language Processing
Qualtrics is the industry leader in experience management, both in terms of the depth of our best-in-class products and the breadth of the product portfolio itself. Qualtrics is a company committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion because of a conviction that every voice holds value, with a vision for representation that matches the world around us and inclusion that far exceeds it.
Joining Qualtrics means becoming part of a team bold enough to chase breakthrough experiences - like building a technology that will understand human emotions, beliefs, sentiments, and values. We will close some of the world’s biggest gaps: political misunderstandings, human rights issues, health care disparities, gender equality, education, and income. Because many of the world’s most pressing problems occur from a lack of understanding – and that’s a problem we can solve.
We also care about each other. You will belong to a team whose values center on transparency, being all in, having customer obsession, acting as one team, and operating with scrappiness - all so you can do the best work of your career.The Challenge
In this position, you will be working for the Qualtrics text analytics product team. We innovate products that enable B2B, B2C, and B2B2C companies to listen, to understand, and to act on customer experience insights. These intelligent insights represent their customers’ sentiment and effort during and after having an experience online or in-person. Leveraging near real-time automation, our product allows our customers to take action immediately to turn negative customer experiences into positive outcomes. In addition, we inform the recommended actions to take within their teams and broader organizations so that they can improve their people, processes, or services to retain loyal customers.
As part of the Qualtrics text analytics product team, you will help organizations understand and interpret structured and unstructured data from various feedback sources. Language comprehension, individually and at scale, relies on both knowledge of grammatical structures as well as the semantic context. Your job will be to design and develop features for our industry leading Natural Language Processing (NLP), Natural Language Understanding (NLU), and Natural Language Generation (NLG) engines that help organizations consume within dashboards, alerts, and actioning systems. At the end of the day, organizations will rely on your features to make more customer and employee centric decisions.
Great applicants will have a strong product intuition, technical fluency, and demonstrate significant business savvy. The ideal candidate will also bring deep experience working on enterprise-scale linguistic, marketing, or analytics products. This is an amazing opportunity for a self-driven and ridiculously smart person to have a major impact helping thousands of consumer brands.Responsibilities and Qualifications
- Develop product requirements
- Analyze usage data and customer feedback to increase product adoption
- Collaborate with product team members to define the product roadmap
- Speak with customers globally to understand their needs and gather feedback
- Partner with our user experience designers to build and validate design concepts
- Perform market landscape and competitor analysis
- Collaborate with engineering to build high-quality products that reflect end-to-end thinking
- Work with your engineering team and dependent teams to ensure production deadlines are met
- Collaborate with other groups within the company to orchestrate successful product outcomes including: Sciences teams, Engineering, Design, User Research, Technical Program Management, Delivery, Support, Customer Success, and Product Marketing
- Prepare for product launches
- Drive meaningful usage and sticky adoption of released products
- Associates, Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- Passion for linguistic or language technology applications
- 1-3 years of product management work experience. Will substitute appropriate college internships or cooperative work programs.
- Worked on a customer-facing product
- Work from our Washington (Seattle) or Virginia (Reston) office locations
- Technical fluency, with the ability to communicate with engineers on technical topics
- Ability to analyze and interpret data
- Ability to work independently or as part of a team
- Self-motivated, well-organized, and detail-oriented
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Understanding of and demonstrated interest in the SaaS technology field
- Business Intelligence, VOC (Voice of Customer), CEM (Customer Experience Management), or XM (Experience Management) industry knowledge preferred
- Work life integration is deeply meaningful to us - we have frequent office events, team outings, and happy hours.
- We take pride in our office design aiming at cultivating creativity from our rooftop views to an open and collaborative work space, while supporting the new hybrid work environment so employees can be productive anywhere.
- On top of standard benefits package (medical, dental, vision, life insurance, etc) we provide snacks, drinks, and free lunches in our office.
- We believe in sharing Qualtrics success which is part of the compensation for all employees.