Intercom is redefining how businesses connect with their customers. More than 25,000 global organizations, including Atlassian, Amazon and Lyft Business, rely on Intercom to deliver unparalleled user experiences at any scale. Intercom's platform is used to send over 500 million messages per month and enables interactions with over 600 million monthly active end users.
Join the company helping businesses grow revenue through in-product messaging, and so much more!What's the opportunity? 🤔
Intercom is looking for a Growth Marketer to be the first hire for our brand new Retention Marketing team, reporting directly to the Director of Lifecycle and Campaigns Marketing. The ideal candidate thrives in a growth culture that values strategic communication, teamwork and results. This role will be responsible for the retention of Intercom customers, through data driven programmes and campaigns. The ideal candidate has significant expertise developing and optimizing lifecycle marketing programs from purchase through cancellation activities in a B2B environment. They will have a consistent track record of using marketing results, customer insights, and analytics to inform and scale a successful global marketing program.
In this role, the ideal candidate will ideate, develop, own and implement personalized and localized global programs. This person will partner with the customer success & support, product marketing, growth, finance, product education, and analytics teams to translate business strategy and requirements into scaled marketing campaigns.What will I be doing? 🚀
- Own end-to-end development and management of global retention campaigns across channels (e.g. in-product, email, etc.), including strategy, copy development, campaign setup, A/B testing, localization, reporting, and optimization with a goal to increase healthy product usage and adoption, and to minimize churn and contraction.
- Work with customer success, and product marketing teams to create personalized and consistent cross-channel retention messages.
- Iteratively test and improve all marketing streams to optimize customer experience while increasing MRR and LTV.
- Partner with Product & Growth teams to optimize product experience and identify new ways to drive incremental value back to the users
- Partner with Finance Ops, our GTM team, and CS teams to optimize billing renewal workflows.
- Consistently improve upon and lead change in program methodologies; employing industry standard processes and constantly looking for opportunities to improve effectiveness and efficiency.
- Present regularly on program performance and successes to GTM leaders.
- Actively monitor all campaign analytics, partner with our business intelligence team to create appropriate reporting, and communicate results effect
- 5+ years experience running digital retention marketing programs, preferably in a SaaS, subscription business, or related B2B business.
- Comfortable working with large sets of digital marketing and product usage data to glean critical insight to inform marketing strategy.
- Advanced in Analytic tools such as Tableau, Looker, Great Plains, Big Query
- Meets aggressive goals for the business with an eagerness to challenge the status quo in order to meet objectives.
- Outstanding interpersonal, verbal, and written communication, problem solving, and executive presentation skills.
- Excellent cross-functional collaborator, striking deep relationships and ability to influence functional teams to gain consensus on vision for driving performance objectives.
- Thorough, strategic problem solver with strong analytical skills to synthesize raw data into useful campaign optimization strategies for new and existing initiatives
- Experience owning end-to-end execution of marketing campaigns for self-serve and sales-assisted buyers, from ideating to building, monitoring, optimizing, and reporting.
- Previous experience working closely with product management, product marketing, and data analytics.
- Hands-on, get-it-done attitude with excellent project management skills for complex, cross-functional global campaigns
- Positive attitude, team-oriented, energetic, and optimistic
- You have a great sense of what should be worked on next and know how to break big ambiguous problems into small workable chunks
We are a well treated bunch, with awesome benefits! If there’s something important to you that’s not on this list, talk to us! :)
- Competitive salary and equity in a fast-growing start-up
- We serve lunch every weekday, plus a variety of snack foods and a fully stocked kitchen
- Regular compensation reviews - we reward great work
- Peace of mind with life assurance, as well as comprehensive health and dental insurance for you and your dependents
- Open vacation policy and flexible holidays so you can take time off when you need it
- Paid maternity leave, as well as 6 weeks paternity leave for fathers, to let you spend valuable time with your loved ones
- MacBooks are our standard, but we’re happy to get you whatever equipment helps
- you get your job done
Intercom values diversity and is committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity. Intercom will not discriminate against an applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, age, physical or mental disability, veteran or military status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state, or local law.
Is this role not quite what you're looking for? Join our Talent Community to stay connected with us.