As Zalando transforms from Europe’s leading e-commerce company into The Starting Point for Fashion, this is an exciting time to join.
As a Backend Software Engineer in the Tech Logistics department, you will develop logistics systems to support the delivery of millions of items to our customers. You will be part of one of our teams in Dortmund where you will be supporting us to create a robust and seamless Transport Platform for internal and external partners and to connect regular transport processes to our internal warehouse management system to ensure smooth operation processes.INCLUSIVE BY DESIGN
At Zalando, our vision is to be the starting point for fashion - one that is inclusive by design. We only assess candidates based on qualifications, merit, and business needs. We welcome applications from people of all gender identities, sexual orientations, personal expressions, racial identities, ethnicities, religious beliefs, and disability statuses. We only want to know why you’re great for this role, so please avoid including your picture, age, and marital status in your CV as well.
We want to provide you with a great candidate experience. Please feel free to inform us of any accommodations you may need, so we can best support and assist you throughout the hiring process.
do.BETTER - our diversity & inclusion strategy: https://corporate.zalando.com/en/diversity-inclusion Our employee resource groups: https://corporate.zalando.com/en/diversity-inclusion/our-employee-resource-groupsWHY YOU SHOULD BE INTERESTED...
- You will be designing, developing, deploying, operating & improving important software solutions that will increase performance and cost effectiveness of the entire transport domain at Zalando logistics. Based on our microservice architecture, you and your team will own your code, and decide on the technologies and tools to deliver as well as operate large-scale applications on PaaS/SaaS cloud (AWS).
- You will help plan the current and future sprints with your input by breaking down new and existing feature requests into manageable stories and tasks. Implement and fully test new features before deploying them to production using a continuous delivery model of deployment.
- You will be talking to other teams and stakeholders to align on deadlines and priorities for new features to ensure smooth and uninterrupted operations.
- You will add value by leveraging current trends in software design, architecture and web services. Help the team to improve by providing input on the full range of tasks involved in the successful delivery and operation of software systems
- Experience in designing distributed systems, microservices & cloud architectures/platforms (preferably AWS). Frontend knowledge as modern libraries & frameworks like i.e. React, Angular JS or Ember would be beneficial but not required.
- Strong sense of reliability, of responsibility, ownership, entrepreneurial & analytical thinking add to your excellent communication skills and willingness to share knowledge.
- Grade in computer science or similar.
- We offer peer-to-peer performance reviews twice a year
- Learn and develop through our extensive Zalando training platform
- Join regular all-hands, team meetings, Q&A-sessions, and quarterly anonymous employee surveys to ask your questions and provide your feedback
- Support from an international team of experts; mentoring and professional development opportunities
- 2 days paid leave per year for volunteering
- Minimum of 27 holiday days per calendar year
- Online sports courses, wellbeing, and nutrition advice offered by Humanoo personal wellbeing coach app
- Mental wellbeing support by our Employee Assistance Program and professional consultants to help you find health resources
- Flexible working hours
- Relocation assistance for internationals
- If you work from an office in your role, a choice of office equipment to be delivered to you, to support you working from home due to COVID-19 safety
- Access to the employee shares program
- 40% shopping discount on products shipped and sold by Zalando, and 30% discount on Zalando Lounge
- Discounts from a wide range of external partners
- Employee parents’ forums and employee resource group
- Supported transition into and out of parental leave, with a buddy and re-onboarding plan
- 3 fully-paid child sick days per year
- Free counselling, assistance, and referral service for all matters concerning yourself and your family via the Fürstenberg Institute
It’s the perfect time to join Zalando on our journey, from being a pioneer in the world of e-commerce, to the starting point for fashion in Europe. We connect customers, brands, and partners across 23 markets.
Help us drive digital and sustainable solutions for fashion, logistics, advertising and research, bringing head-to-toe fashion to more than 46 million active customers through a team of diverse skill-sets, cultural backgrounds, and interests.
Our values: https://jobs.zalando.com/en/our-founding-mindset
do.More - our sustainability strategy: https://corporate.zalando.com/en/sustainability
Follow us on Instagram: instagram.com/insidezalando
Please note that all applications must be completed using the online form - we do not accept applications via email.