Senior Financial Accountant
2 months ago
As The HelloFresh Group grows....so does our Finance Department! We in Finance like to think of ourselves as all-rounders. We not only look to be experts on all things accounting standards and what this means for the business, but we also aim to consult and add value on workflows and decision making throughout the entire business. As the Senior Accountant...
- Report to our Finance Manager and take ownership of all things month-end close - reconciliations, month-end journals, P&L variance analysis, senior management reporting pack, managing junior staff, collaborate with internal non-financial stakeholders
- Take the lead on our Marketing month-end process across Australia & New Zealand, business partnering with Marketing stakeholders across different channels and entities
- Be responsible for finding and implementing solutions on complex issues (both financial and operational) with a constant mindset of continuous improvement e.g. day to day efficiency gains, internal control improvements and month end close process, tech/tool enhancements
- Investigate and maintain data integrity through a number of complex systems and workflows to ensure financial reporting and analytical accuracy. Automated reconciliations are key to high volume, sustainable and scalable processes
- Handle Oracle reporting functionality by building reports and follow requests from our Global Head Office in Europe
- Assist & lead certain sections throughout the half-year and year-end audit processes through providing necessary support, answering queries and assisting with financial statement preparation
- Have the opportunity to provide in-depth value adding analysis to both financial and non-financial senior management which could have a lasting impact on the group globally
- Design, build and consult on internally developed tools, systems, tests and analytics that drive optimisation and new insights across the business
- Passion, drive and fantastic communication skills
- A Bachelor’s degree in Accounting/Finance and a qualified CA/CPA (or equivalent)
- A strong working knowledge of accounting concepts and standards
- 3+ years experience working in the finance industry.
- Business savvy, high level of commercial acumen; understanding key drivers and business impact behind the numbers and drive the rolling forecast cycles
- Previous experience of working in a fast-paced business and a role which involves offering business critical analysis or insights (experience with e-commerce marketing would be a plus).
- An eye and appreciation for detail and an understanding of data structures and complex systems/workflows
- Strong Excel/Google Sheets and exposure to an ERP system (experience with SQL would be advantageous)
- Keen to grow with a fast-growing organisation and turn your experience with HelloFresh into a platform for future career development
- A fast learner looking to make a lasting and tangible impact on a global business
- Proactive, ambitious, and assertive: you take ownership of your work and think beyond the scope of a given assignment
- Excited to work for a food-tech business that is transforming the way people shop & eat
What you’ll get in return…
- The opportunity to work in one of the fastest growing food businesses both in Australia and the world
- Flat hierarchies, constant learning with room for personal growth and direct exposure to senior business leaders
- Working with a fun, energetic and supportive team
- Get access to our staff discounts to our amazing meal delivery boxes - 70% off!
- Flexible & hybrid working arrangements
- HelloFresh Academies - monthly internal learning & development
- A diverse and vibrant international environment, with offices in 18 countries
Start date: ASAP - can wait a notice period.
Compensation: Competitive salary with employee benefits
Duration: Full time permanent role.
Location: Chippendale Head Office - hybrid working environment#LI-hybrid