Senior Front-End Engineer
BE PART OF BUILDING THE FUTURE.
What do NASA and emerging space companies have in common with COVID vaccine R&D teams or with Roblox and the Metaverse?
The answer is data, -- all fast moving, fast growing industries rely on data for a competitive edge in their industries. And the most advanced companies are realizing the full data advantage by partnering with Pure Storage. Pure’s vision is to redefine the storage experience and empower innovators by simplifying how people consume and interact with data. With 9,000 customers including 50% of the Fortune 500, we’ve only scratched the surface of our ambitions.
Pure is blazing trails and setting records:
- For eight straight years, Gartner has named Pure a leader in the Magic Quadrant
- Our customer-first culture and unwavering commitment to innovation have earned us a certified Net Promoter Score in the top 1% of B2B companies globally
- Industry analysts and press applaud Pure’s leadership across these dimensions
- And, our 4,000+ employees are emboldened to make Pure a faster, stronger, smarter company as we go
If you, like us, say “bring it on” to exciting challenges that change the world, we have endless opportunities where you can make your mark.
PURE IN PRAGUE
Pure Storage is building its first R&D site outside of North America in Prague, Czech Republic.
The goal is to build a world-class engineering capability to support our rapidly expanding customer base, and to expand Pure’s capacity to leverage local and regional talent pools.
What You Will Be Doing
Looking for a Front-End engineer to play a role in our evolution towards a more cloud-native platform. As an individual contributor, you will be responsible for end to end UI development (designing, developing, integrating, maintaining, and supporting) of our sales platform. The position will involve evolving and integrating our platform into other UI frameworks and micro frontends.
- Front-End design and development for enhancing our platform business flow or remediating/refactoring application bugs
- Create user experience with reusable components and frameworks across our platform to be seamless, intuitive, and pleasant
- Ensure UI availability and ability to rapidly and creatively solve application problems
- Build and maintain JS UI Libraries
- Proactive with all phases of testing including test planning, functional testing, regression testing and code review
- Leverage company and industry best practices and standards
- Specify and integrate 3rd part or externally developed web components
- Work autonomously and independently as needed
WHAT YOU’LL NEED TO BRING TO THIS ROLE...
- BS degree in Computer Science, Engineering, MIS, or similar relevant field
- 5+ years’ experience of enterprise front-end software development
- Hands-on experience with frontend troubleshooting (memory leaks, performance, security, content-header, etc…)
- Experience with Amazon Web Services and cloud native application development using AWS, Github, Spinnaker (container based build and deployment)
- Understanding and knowledge of integrating with PostgresSQL
- Experience with Agile development methodologies
- Strong ability to write requirements document and work with JIRA
- Proficient understanding of cross-browser compatibility issues and workarounds
- Possess strong ability to create documentation
- Exceptional leadership, time management, facilitation, and organizational skills.
BE YOU—CORPORATE CLONES NEED NOT APPLY.
Pure is where you ask big questions, think differently, and make an impact. This is not just a job, but a place where you have a voice and can accelerate your career. We value unique thoughts and celebrate individuality, and with ample opportunity to learn, develop yourself, and expand into different roles, joining Pure is an investment in your career journey.
Through our Pure Equality program, which supports a flourishing field of employee resource groups, we nourish the personal and professional lives of our team members. And our Pure Good Foundation gives back to local and global communities through volunteering and grants.
And because we understand the value of bringing your full and best self to work, we offer a variety of perks to manage a healthy balance, including flexible time off, wellness resources, and company-sponsored team events.
PURE IS COMMITTED TO EQUALITY.
Research shows that in order to apply for a job, women feel they need to meet 100% of the criteria while men usually apply after meeting about 60%. Regardless of how you identify, if you believe you can do the job and are a good match, we encourage you to apply.
Pure is proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or any other characteristic legally protected by the laws of the jurisdiction in which you are being considered for hire.
If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at TA-Ops@purestorage.com.
APPLICANT & CANDIDATE PERSONAL INFORMATION PRIVACY NOTICE.
If you're wondering how or why Pure collects or uses information you provide, we invite you to check out our Applicant & Candidate Personal Information Protection Notice.
DEEMED EXPORT LICENSE NOTICE.
Some positions may require a deemed export license for compliance with applicable laws and regulations. Please note: Pure does not currently sponsor deemed export license applications so we are unable to proceed with applicants requiring stated sponsorship.
PURE’S COMPLIANCE WITH THE U.S. GOVERNMENT COVID-19 MANDATE
In accordance with Pure’s policies, current and anticipated federal regulations, and our ongoing commitment to prioritizing the health and well-being of our employees, partners, and customers, and the community at large, where permitted by law, all Pure employees and contractors working in the United States are expected to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 prior to your start date. Should you require an exemption for medical or religious reasons, you must initiate Pure’s exemption request process which will determine if an exemption can be granted in accordance with applicable local, state, and/or federal law.