Senior Frontend Software Engineer, Search Input
Airbnb is a mission-driven company dedicated to helping create a world where anyone can belong anywhere. It takes a unified team committed to our core values to achieve this goal. Airbnb's various functions embody the company's innovative spirit and our fast-moving team is committed to leading as a 21st century company.The Team
Airbnb’s Search Input team is responsible for the front-door to Airbnb’s guest product and search experience. The team aims to help users efficiently navigate Airbnb’s app and site to find the ideal listings for their trip, introduce new offerings on Airbnb’s global platform, and inspire users to discover the world with Airbnb. The team works on a number of highly impactful surfaces across Airbnb’s Search and key product pages.
The team is highly collaborative with its partners in design, product, data science, creative, and marketing to deliver features and experiences used by millions of people. We also work closely with other engineering teams on systems that enable engineers to: develop more efficiently; create improvements that make the product more performant and configurable; and build architecture that’s scalable and robust.The Role (Frontend Web/Fullstack Engineer)
- Develop new, highly-configurable search content & structure to power new features on Airbnb’s search and other high-traffic surfaces. These components will be used to merchandise a wide array of interesting and new product offerings from Airbnb.
- Work closely with cross functional partners in design, product, marketing, and data science to bring new features from design to production.
- Prototype new features to collect feedback and iterate on to reach ideal product solutions for Airbnb guests.
- Communicate product direction and needs to the foundation and infrastructure teams, and collaborate on defining the technical requirements for future systems.
- Effectively advise stakeholders on the technical scope and feasibility of complex product requirements.
- Write technical specifications for new features and systems.
- Provide mentorship to teammates.
- 6+ years industry experience
- Strong knowledge of frontend frameworks like React
- Bachelor’s and/or Master’s degree, preferably in CS, or equivalent experience
- Experience building new user facing applications by leveraging existing frameworks
- Exposure to architectural patterns of a large, high-scale web application (e.g., well-designed APIs, best testing practices, thoughtful architecture)
- Experience leading execution of ambiguous, multi-quarter projects, including other engineers and refining unclear requirements into clear projects and deliverables.
- Demonstrated knowledge of Computer Science fundamentals