Senior iOS Engineer - Apps Purchase
In Customer Conversion, our mission is to elevate our customers’ shopping experience in two key areas - Purchase and Post-Purchase. The Purchase journey starts after customers add an item to their shopping cart, continues through checkout and ends with placing the order. After that, the Post-Purchase area provides a clear view into customers’ order status and past purchases, and enables customers to conveniently return the items they will not keep. As an iOS Engineer dedicated to Apps Purchase, you will join the mission to make the shopping experience simpler and faster for our customers, by taking advantage of modern mobile technologies to enhance this journey for millions of our app customers. You will be at the forefront of how we define, own & build rock-solid user experience for millions of our app customers. You will join a diverse team which enjoys working with each other and always collaborates to deliver as a team, striving for continuous improvements while doing so.
See our Team Story on Zalando’s Instagram.
Find out more about how our Mobile Engineers work here.INCLUSIVE BY DESIGN
At Zalando, our vision is to be the starting point for fashion - one that is inclusive by design. We only assess candidates based on qualifications, merit, and business needs. We welcome applications from people of all gender identities, sexual orientations, personal expressions, racial identities, ethnicities, religious beliefs, and disability statuses. We only want to know why you’re great for this role, so please avoid including your picture, age, and marital status in your CV as well.
We want to provide you with a great candidate experience. Please feel free to inform us of any accommodations you may need, so we can best support and assist you throughout the hiring process.
do.BETTER - our diversity & inclusion strategy: https://corporate.zalando.com/en/diversity-inclusion Our employee resource groups: https://corporate.zalando.com/en/diversity-inclusion/our-employee-resource-groupsWHY YOU SHOULD BE INTERESTED
- Opportunity to shape the future of fashion online shopping experiences
- Become a member of a highly motivated, reliable, high-performing and growing team, which is role modeling well-thought processes and Ways of Working. Supportive colleagues with a motivation to grow.
- Delivering impactful projects to 50+ million active customers (>85% of them from mobile traffic) in a critical business area of the apps (Cart and Checkout).
- You are an experienced iOS developer (3+ years of experience) who is eager to work with new technologies and always tries to challenge yourself and deliver high quality code.
- You have a deep understanding of iOS SDK, Swift language and Apple design principles.
- You demonstrate good and effective written and verbal communication skills in English.
- You take the ownership for your work – from understanding the requirements, to implementation, testing, and maintenance.
- You are familiar with Obj-C & functional programming concepts.
- You are passionate about writing well structured, readable, and maintainable code that’s covered by automated tests.
- You have several years of experience working in high performance teams and can independently drive technical discussions and facilitate complex decision making.
- We offer peer-to-peer performance reviews twice a year
- Learn and develop through our extensive Zalando training platform
- Join regular all-hands, team meetings, Q&A-sessions, and quarterly anonymous employee surveys to ask your questions and provide your feedback
- Support from an international team of experts; mentoring and professional development opportunities
- 2 days paid leave per year for volunteering
- Minimum of 27 holiday days per calendar year
- Online sports courses, wellbeing, and nutrition advice offered by Humanoo personal wellbeing coach app
- Mental wellbeing support by our Employee Assistance Program and professional consultants to help you find health resources
- Flexible working hours
- Relocation assistance available - subject to prior agreement
- Home office equipment available for hybrid working, to support you working from home
- Hybrid working model with 60% remote per week
- Opportunity to work from abroad for 30 (working) days per calendar year
- Access to the employee shares program
- 40% shopping discount on products shipped and sold by Zalando, and 30% discount on Zalando Lounge
- Discounts from a wide range of external partners
- Employee parents’ forums and employee resource group
- Supported transition into and out of parental leave, with a buddy and re-onboarding plan
- 3 fully-paid child sick days per year
- Free counselling, assistance, and referral service for all matters concerning yourself and your family via the Fürstenberg Institute
It’s the perfect time to join Zalando on our journey, from being a pioneer in the world of e-commerce, to the starting point for fashion in Europe. We connect customers, brands, and partners across 23 markets.
Help us drive digital and sustainable solutions for fashion, logistics, advertising and research, bringing head-to-toe fashion to more than 49 million active customers through a team of diverse skill-sets, cultural backgrounds, and interests.
Our values: https://jobs.zalando.com/en/our-founding-mindset
do.More - our sustainability strategy: https://corporate.zalando.com/en/sustainability
Follow us on Instagram: instagram.com/insidezalando
Please note that all applications must be completed using the online form - we do not accept applications via email.