Senior Software Engineer, Production Engineering
Liftoff is the leading growth acceleration platform for the mobile industry, helping advertisers, publishers and game developers scale revenue growth with solutions to market and monetize mobile apps.
With a suite of solutions including Vungle, JetFuel and GameRefinery, Liftoff supports over 6,600 mobile businesses across 74 countries, including gaming, social, finance, ecommerce, entertainment and more. Liftoff is proud to be a long-term partner to leading advertisers and app publishers since 2012. Headquartered in Redwood City, CA, Liftoff has a growing global presence with offices around the world.
Across our engineering teams, we offer a wide range of opportunities for different skill levels and experiences.
About our Production Engineering Opportunity
Liftoff’s Production Engineering team is the core of Liftoff’s success. Our group uses data-driven engineering thinking to optimize developer workflow in delivering products and features that are scalable, reliable and efficient.
AS A SENIOR SOFTWARE ENGINEER AT L+V, YOU WILL:
- Have end-to-end ownership to one of Liftoff's core backend infrastructure, including large scale real-time data processing pipelines and high-performance front end servers.
- Improve tooling and infrastructure to ship multiple times a day with quantified impact on millions of users and our business's revenue.
- Advocate the practice of “engineering excellence” culture through state-of-the-art tools, risk-driven testing, explainable systems and code review.
- Architect, bootstrap, maintain and scale cutting-edge open source technologies (Kubernetes, Prometheus, ArgoCD, Kafka, Redis, MongoDB and etc) that maximize software development velocity.
- Architect, bootstrap, maintain and scale infrastructure reliability of large scale, high-throughput, low-latency distributed systems.
- Together with other engineering teams, you will share an on-call rotation and be an escalation contact for service incidents.
- Mentor and share knowledge with other team members.
DESIRED QUALITIES AND EXPERIENCES:
- BS in Computer Science with 5+ years of professional experience; MS in Computer Science with 3+ years of professional experience; or PhD with 3 years experience.
- Deep understanding of computer architectures, data structures, and algorithms.
- An incredible desire for quality and perfection, and the ability to temper it when necessary to ship.
- Experience in design and implementation of large-scale low-latency, high-throughput, distributed backend services.
- Experience in profiling and debugging distributed microservices.
- Experience in building monitoring for modern microservice architectures.
- Experience in leading CI/CD implementation enabling self-autonomous development teams.
- Good understanding of the different branching strategies.
- Have good team communication and collaboration skills.
- Passionate about helping others and invested in the team’s success.
- English Proficiency (speaking, reading and writing).
- Experience in SRE / DevOps roles.
- Understanding of various security standards, protocols and implementation details.
- Previous professional experience writing in Golang, Java, Scala, Python, NodeJS, C or C++.
- Experience with Multi-Cloud Computing (AWS, GCP, Azure, etc.).
- Experience with Kubernetes/Openshift.
- Experience with large scale SQL/NoSQL databases (Redshift, Postgres, Redis, Mongo, Elasticsearch)
- Experience with large scale messaging / streaming systems (RabbitMQ, Kafka, Spark)
- Fluency in Mandarin is a plus
Working at Liftoff is fast-paced, fun, and challenging, and we thrive on innovation. Come join our team and help shape the future of the mobile app ecosystem. If this role sounds interesting to you, we would love to hear from you!
Liftoff is committed to providing and maintaining a work environment where all employees and candidates are treated with dignity and respect and that is free of bias, prejudice, and harassment. Liftoff is further committed to providing an equal employment opportunity for all employees and candidates for employment free from discrimination and harassment on the basis of sex, gender (including sexual harassment, gender harassment, and harassment due to pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, and related conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, gender nonconformity, race, creed, religion, color, national origin, ancestry (including association, affiliation, or participation with persons or activities related to national origin, English-proficiency or accent, or immigration status), physical or mental disability, medical condition(s), genetic information of an individual or family member of the individual, marital or domestic partner status, age, veteran or military status, family care status, requesting or taking pregnancy, parental or disability leave, requesting an accommodation, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law, regulation, or ordinance. All such discrimination and harassment is unlawful and will not be tolerated. Liftoff maintains a continued commitment to equal employment opportunity and expects the full cooperation of all personnel.
Agency and Third Party Recruiter Notice:
Liftoff does not accept unsolicited resumes from individual recruiters or third-party recruiting agencies in response to job postings. No fee will be paid to third parties who submit unsolicited candidates directly to our hiring managers or Recruiting Team. All candidates must be submitted via our Applicant Tracking System by approved Liftoff vendors who have been expressly requested to make a submission by our Recruiting Team for a specific job opening. No placement fees will be paid to any firm unless such a request has been made by the Liftoff Recruiting Team and such a candidate was submitted to the Liftoff Recruiting Team via our Applicant Tracking System.