Senior Talent Partner, Technology (Sr. HRBP)
Airbnb was born in 2007 when two Hosts welcomed three guests to their San Francisco home, and has since grown to over 4 million Hosts who have welcomed more than 1 billion guest arrivals in almost every country across the globe. Every day, Hosts offer unique stays and experiences that make it possible for guests to connect with communities in a more authentic way.
The Community you will join:
Our Talent team is looking for an experienced Sr. Talent Partner (HR Business Partner Lead) to partner with our teams in the Technology organization. The successful candidate thrives in a fast-paced and challenging environment and has a passion for partnering with business leaders to deliver impactful talent solutions. The Sr. Talent Partner will be skilled in driving business transformations, designing HR practices, is strong in influencing and mentoring others and builds strong relationships with leaders and employees. We need an HR thought leader who can balance the need to be a strategic, data driven business partner along with a roll up your sleeves attitude. Experience in a high growth organization and/or tech firm is a plus as is a leadership role in a multinational organization.
This is a critical role which will partner with multiple senior leaders in technology, supporting Data Science, Relevance, Data strategy, and the Sr. IC Community. The role reports to the Talent Director for Global Technology.
The difference you will make:
- As an expert in stakeholder management and is able to communicate effectively to influence and deliver high impact.
- Partner with Business leaders to provide thought leadership regarding organizational and people-related strategy and execution that’s aligned with business strategies.
- Help leaders to create and execute on the vision for a world class Technology organization.
- A trusted advisor to senior leaders who operates with a strong business mindset and understanding of business needs.
- An expert in stakeholder management and is able to communicate effectively to influence and deliver high impact.
A typical day:
- Take risks in designing and delivering 21st Century Talent programs and solutions to creatively solve business challenges in areas such as employee engagement, talent design, workforce planning, cultural change, organizational design, and change management
- Comfortable leading through ambiguous situations and effectively manage trade-offs between short term long-term strategic plans
- Data driven mindset to assess organizational metrics and provide insights to leaders to drive business outcomes
- Partner with leaders to build high performing leadership teams and coaches executives to enhance their leadership effectiveness.
- Design and deliver key inclusion programs/initiatives that continue to build a sustained culture of belonging
- Actively engage in various leadership forums to diagnose and solve talent and organization related problems
- Advocate for and represent teams’ needs to the global EX team and senior leadership
- Provide consultative support and guidance to managers on implementation of core HR/Talent programs
- Guide and coach managers on how to appropriately manage and resolve complex HR issues (e.g., performance management, rewards, mutual separations, conflict management...)
- Work closely with Talent COE partners (Total Rewards, Learning, D&B, Talent Design and Internal Comms) to deliver world class talent programs to deliver business results
- Promote a culture of feedback and open communication, reinforcing our mission and core values
- Serve as a mentor to other Talent Partners and support their development through knowledge sharing and partnership
- 15+ years of progressive HR experience in a high speed, high growth environment; BA/BS in related field; MA/MBA is a plus.
- A collaborative, thoughtful HR leader who sees the big picture and is comfortable getting into the details (can operationalize a strategy)
- Strong analytical skills and uses data to influence strategic decisions at the executive level.
- Genuine curiosity and strong desire to continuously learn, grow and develop others.
- Proven ability to think creatively, participate fully and work collaboratively to develop and execute programs. Ability to work in and navigate a matrixed environment.
- Comfortable with open communication and giving and receiving open, constructive feedback respectfully.
- Impeccable judgment and ability to balance the needs of the company, managers and employees.
- Not afraid to roll up their sleeves and get involved in all aspects of the role - no job too big or too small.
- Unquestioned integrity and a confident presence to effectively resolve sensitive issues.
- A sense of humor and passion for Airbnb are essential - we are really excited to work here, and you should be too!
How we'll take care of you:
Our job titles may span more than one career level. The starting base pay for this role is between $190,000 and $235,000. The actual base pay is dependent upon many factors, such as: training, transferable skills, work experience, business needs and market demands. The base pay range is subject to change and may be modified in the future. This role may also be eligible for bonus, equity, benefits, and Employee Travel Credits.
This position is US - Remote Eligible. The role may include occasional work at an Airbnb office or attendance at offsites, as agreed to with your manager. Airbnb,Inc. can employ in states where we have registered entities. Currently, employees can not be located in: Alaska, Indiana, Nebraska, North Dakota, Ohio, South Dakota, Wisconsin, Alabama, Mississippi, Oklahoma, Delaware and Rhode Island. This list is continuously evolving and being updated, please check back with us if the state you live in is on the exclusion list. If your position is employed by another Airbnb entity, your recruiter will inform you what states you are eligible to work from.
Our commitment to inclusion & belonging:Airbnb is committed to working with the broadest talent pool possible. We believe diverse ideas foster innovation and engagement, and allow us to attract creatively-led people, and to develop the best products, services and solutions. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply. If you need assistance, or a reasonable accommodation during the application and recruiting process, please contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org.