Service Design Lead
Airbnb was born in 2007 when two Hosts welcomed three guests to their San Francisco home, and has since grown to over 4 million Hosts who have welcomed more than 1 billion guest arrivals in almost every country across the globe. Every day, Hosts offer unique stays and experiences that make it possible for guests to connect with communities in a more authentic way.
The Community you will join:
Airbnb is a global community based on connection and belonging. The Community Support team supports this mission with a vision to ‘build the world’s most loyal travel community through exceptional service'.
The difference you will make:
The Service Design Lead applies methodologies that link people, process, and product interactions over time to create a holistic and exceptional service experience for the Airbnb community. They lead projects for the CS Service Design team within Airbnb Community Support.
A typical day:
- Plan and lead service design activities to support strategic transformation initiatives as well as iterative improvements
- Leverage design thinking to understand customer needs and evolve the customer experience
- Develop in-depth understanding of customer experience using quantitative and qualitative insights
- Design exceptional service moments
- Plan and lead co-creation workshops with internal stakeholders to identify opportunities and design new service experiences
- Set example for the service design approach used across CS by service managers and other key partners including BPI, CSP, and delivery teams
- Partner with a variety of teams to concept, blueprint, and implement compelling service experiences that are cohesive, inclusive, and impactful
- Communicate vision and concepts clearly and persuasively for a variety of audiences including executive-level
- Build and maintain custom documentation libraries to facilitate cross-functional consensus for service improvements
- Connect and collaborate with the broader Airbnb Design community of practice
- 5+ years in Service Design within design agency or an in-house Design or CX team. Experience design, interaction design, or product design experience are a plus.
- Proven track record of building differentiation, loyalty, and long-term business value by meeting users' needs and exceeding their expectations
- Proficient at capturing interactions and surfacing experience opportunities using a user journey map
- Able to focus efforts by choosing the most impactful moments to design
- Able to plan projects at various scales, delivering exceptional design quality on time
- Broad and comprehensive understanding of design practices across product, brand, and service
- Ability to proactively bring together groups of individuals to solve a problem and enable others to understand and execute the resulting vision with a service blueprint
- Ability to communicate complex concepts clearly and persuasively across different audiences and varying levels of the organization
- Ability to manage stakeholders and set priorities
How we'll take care of you:
Our job titles may span more than one career level. The starting base pay for this role is between $150,000 and $186,000. The actual base pay is dependent upon many factors, such as: training, transferable skills, work experience, business needs and market demands. The base pay range is subject to change and may be modified in the future. This role may also be eligible for bonus, equity, benefits, and Employee Travel Credits.
This position is US - Remote Eligible. The role may include occasional work at an Airbnb office or attendance at offsites, as agreed to with your manager. Airbnb,Inc. can employ in states where we have registered entities. Currently, employees can not be located in: Alaska, Indiana, Nebraska, North Dakota, Ohio, South Dakota, Wisconsin, Alabama, Mississippi, Oklahoma, Delaware and Rhode Island. This list is continuously evolving and being updated, please check back with us if the state you live in is on the exclusion list. If your position is employed by another Airbnb entity, your recruiter will inform you what states you are eligible to work from.
Our commitment to inclusion & belonging:Airbnb is committed to working with the broadest talent pool possible. We believe diverse ideas foster innovation and engagement, and allow us to attract creatively-led people, and to develop the best products, services and solutions. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply. If you need assistance, or a reasonable accommodation during the application and recruiting process, please contact us at: email@example.com.
How We'll Take Care of You:
Our job titles may span more than one career level. The actual base pay is dependent upon many factors, such as: training, transferable skills, work experience, business needs and market demands. The base pay range is subject to change and may be modified in the future. This role may also be eligible for bonus, equity, benefits, and Employee Travel Credits.Pay Range$150,000—$186,000 USD