ServiceNow Senior Developer / Architect
Level 3 - ServiceNow Senior Developer / Architect – Role Description
Reports into: ServiceNow Lead Architect
Grade: Senior Consultant
The way we work reflects the values at the heart of our business:
Partnership, we become one team and family with organisations, helping them to navigate change and stay agile.
Integrity, our people really care, going beyond the brief to make change happen for organisations and citizens.
Innovation, we bring together the right technologies and services to design solutions that work.
Passion, we are passionate about — and dedicated to — public services and improving people’s lives.
The ServiceNow Senior Developer will play a key role in maturing the client’s ServiceNow platform. This individual will be involved with delivering the technical design for ServiceNow code and architecture, and work with key business units and process managers to build solutions and processes, supporting maintenance, continual service improvement, and new capabilities on the ServiceNow platform.
- Implement, test, and deploy business rules, technical solutions, such as client scripts, UI pages/actions/policies, scheduled job, import sets, and transform maps, ACLs and notifications
- Develop custom integration components (SSO, CMDB, SAS connectors etc.) and integrate legacy systems with ServiceNow using mid-server, web services, chatbots, email and other relevant technologies
- Develop existing and custom applications within ServiceNow including integrations with other applications
- Hands-on experience in Service Catalog/Service Portal modules
- Create and use update sets to move customizations between ServiceNow instances
- Design for and maintain a highly available and recoverable environment
- Provide administrative ServiceNow support, including advanced support via troubleshooting, implementing bug fixes and root cause analysis
- Document, maintain and update policies, procedures, and controls for the operation of the ServiceNow platform and its SDLC
- Responsible for reviewing requirements to ensure that they are provided in sufficient detail to be accurately estimated
- Work with process managers to fully understand business functionality, pain points, and areas of improvements
- Commit to the continuous improvement and learning of development and ServiceNow best practices, tools, and technology
- Proactively keep ServiceNow skills current
The ServiceNow Senior Developer is responsible for working to develop solutions on the ServiceNow platform. The ServiceNow Senior Developer will provide administration, application development, maintenance, and technical support by using best practice web programming techniques to configure robust solutions to the client utilizing the ServiceNow platform.
- Successfully plan, execute, monitor, control, and close all technical tasks related to configuration and implementation of all aspects of the ServiceNow platform.
- Provide software coding and customization including, but not limited to screen tailoring, workflow administration, report setup, data imports, integration, scripting, third party software integrations, and custom application development
- Update and maintain a comprehensive testing protocol for ServiceNow instance upgrades with the purpose of certifying all applications for use after the upgrade completes.
- Coordinate and solve complex technical data and transformation issues.
- Obtain and analyse/interpret business requirements to purpose sustainable solutions in ServiceNow.
- Answer “how to” technical and application configuration questions.
- Develop, maintain, and execute reports to ensure system operation meets performance targets.
- Create and maintain system design and operations documentation.
- Effectively engage in multiple projects concurrently while maintaining a high level of attention to detail on each project.
- Adaptable to change and able to work independently and as part of a team.
- Strong problem analysis skills to include the use of mathematical concepts to validate results.
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize, disseminate, and present significant amounts of information with an attention to detail and accuracy.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Professional.
- Clear and concise communication with superior written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to interact with all levels of internal and external business partners.
- Manage and prioritize work effectively with minimal supervision
What we are looking for
- 3+ years of demonstrated experience in ServiceNow development, configuration, and administration, including but not limited to successful deployments as lead.
- ServiceNow System Admin Certification
- Overarching understanding of ServiceNow Enterprise product suite
- Fundamental understanding of the key technologies relevant to the ServiceNow integration solutions including: ServiceNow API’s, SSO, SAML, SSL, Web Services, LDAP, JDBC, ODBC, REST, SCP, FTPS
- Ability to apply business concepts into a technical solution
- Web portal development skills, such as HTML, CSS, Angular JS, bootstrap
- Experience implementing the following Core Process Areas: Incident, Problem, Change, Service Catalog, Request, and CMDB
- Ability to create reports using the standard reporting engine, plus metrics and SLAs
- Follow ServiceNow best practices (including scripting, security, implementation)
- Display aptitude in learning new modules based on training materials
- Experience with collaboration across functional borders enterprise-wise (i.e. within and outside of IT)
- Clear written and verbal communication skills
- ITIL foundation certification
How to stand out
- ServiceNow Certified Application Developer
- 3+ years ServiceNow administration in an enterprise environment
- 5+ years of experience of ServiceNow development
- 5+ years of experience in IT Service Management process design
- 2-4 year technical-oriented degree, or equivalent work experience with technical product and application support, or equivalent work experience with healthcare business processes
- ITIL Intermediate certification
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, collaboration, and documentation skills
- Asset management experience
- Experience in a healthcare domain
- Passion for providing excellent service to all internal customers.