SMB Account Executive
Fastly helps people stay better connected with the things they love. Fastly’s edge cloud platform enables customers to create great digital experiences quickly, securely, and reliably by processing, serving, and securing our customers’ applications as close to their end-users as possible — at the edge of the Internet. The platform is designed to take advantage of the modern internet, to be programmable, and to support agile software development. Fastly’s customers include many of the world’s most prominent companies, including Vimeo, Pinterest, The New York Times, and GitHub.
We're building a more trustworthy Internet. Come join us.
SMB Account Executive
As part of Fastly’s Sales team you will be in charge of closing opportunities in high-growth accounts within a clearly defined territory. You will respond to inbound demand that meets the aforementioned criteria and work those opportunities from initial qualification to close.
You will execute on the account plan to deliver maximum revenue while managing complete and complex sales-cycles, often presenting to stakeholders the value of our platform. Building and utilizing deal frameworks to help guide the customer and affect control over the sales cycle are paramount. You will structure and execute daily plans to maximize phone time, including preparing for calls by leveraging Sales Engineering resources, and debriefing the team on outcome and next steps. As an ISR, you will be able to make outbound calls to build pipeline outside of your inbound inquiries, prepare and deliver compelling quotes and contracts, and forecast sales activity and revenue using SFDC -- all with a focus on customer satisfaction and growth. This role, once proficiency is reached, will prepare you for the succeeding Commercial Account Executive seat.
What You'll Do
- Consistently exceed monthly, quarterly and annual sales quota by educating potential customers on Fastly features, products and services
- Fully develop opportunities by performing data gathering on prospects and their use cases, and taking stock of current Deliver, Secure and Compute use cases and any in-play ancillary technologies
- Identify the technical team and the evaluating team, commercial stakeholders, timeline and extant use case. Manage all aspects of the sales cycle, leverage resources when appropriate and determine what Fastly services or features are appropriate based on data gathering
- Develop rapport and relationships with the C-Suite, in addition to evaluators
- Build deal frameworks for all deals set to close, including necessary stakeholders, deliverables and timelines. Coordinate technical evaluation and POC. Communicate compelling events to sales leadership as they arise
- Identify prospects’ issues and clearly articulate them to management. Also provide potential solutions and alternatives to address those issues, utilizing the Fastly value prop against extant use cases
- Develop and maintain daily plans to maximize phone time, emails, and other outreach touchpoints
- Work with Sales Management and the Deal Desk to prepare and deliver compelling proposals, quotes, and contracts
- Work with Sales Engineering, Operations, Marketing, and/or Product Teams when appropriate
What We're Looking For
- 2+ years of related experience
- Proven track record of success and ability to thrive in a metrics-driven sales culture
- Curiosity and a desire to understand a customer’s industry/business and meet their unarticulated and unmet needs
- Demonstrates an insatiable appetite to learn and improve
- Fearless attitude and a willingness to take intelligent risks
- Sense of urgency
- Ability to get things done despite obstacles or challenges
- Eagerness to work hard, exceed expectations and outperform quotas
We value a variety of voices, so this is not a laundry list. It would be an added bonus if you have experience in ANY of these:
- Enterprise software and/or SaaS solutions expertise strongly preferred
- Experience selling into Commercial accounts
- Previous Sales Methodology training, CRM experience, and strong customer references preferred
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science a plus
The estimated salary range for this position is $75,750 to $118,450. Starting salary may vary based on permissible, non-discriminatory factors such as experience, skills, qualifications, and location. This role is eligible to participate in Fastly’s global sales compensation plan and may participate in Fastly’s equity program.
We care about you. Fastly works hard to create a positive environment for our employees, and we think your life outside of work is important too. We support our teams with great benefits that start on the first day of your employment with Fastly. Curious about our offerings?
- We offer a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, and vision insurance. Family planning, mental health support along with Employee Assistance Program, Insurance (Life, Disability, and Accident), company paid holidays, paid time off and paid sick leave are there to help support our employees. We also offer 401(k) (including company match) and an Employee Stock Purchase Program.
Fastly reserves the right to amend or modify for any reasons in accordance with applicable law.
We have a huge impact. Fastly is a small company with a big reach. Not only do our customers have a tremendous user base, but we also support a growing number of open source projects and initiatives. Outside of code, employees are encouraged to share causes close to their heart with others so we can help lend a supportive hand.
We love distributed teams. Fastly’s home-base is in San Francisco, but we have multiple offices and employees sprinkled around the globe.
We value diversity. Growing and maintaining our inclusive and diverse team matters to us. We are committed to being a company where our employees feel comfortable bringing their authentic selves to work and have the ability to be successful -- every day.
We are passionate. Fastly is chock full of passionate people and we’re not ‘one size fits all’. Fastly employs authors, pilots, skiers, parents (of humans and animals), makeup geeks, coffee connoisseurs, and more. We love employees for who they are and what they are passionate about.
We’re always looking for humble, sharp, and creative folks to join the Fastly team. If you think you might be a fit please apply! A fully completed application and resume or CV are required when applying.
Fastly is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunity and to providing employees with a safe and welcoming work environment free of discrimination and harassment. Our employment decisions are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, family or parental status, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.
Consistent with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and federal or state disability laws, Fastly will provide reasonable accommodations for applicants and employees with disabilities. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and/or to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, please contact your Recruiter, or the Fastly Employee Relations team at firstname.lastname@example.org or 855-448-2596.