Software Engineer - Android
Chewy is looking for multiple Android Developers to join our Native Android Mobile Apps Team. The ideal candidate succeeds in a fast-paced environment, is self-motivated, and has a passion for both the business and the technology. You work independently but understand the importance of teamwork and mentorship. You need to be comfortable contributing to every aspect of shipping a consumer app - whether that's testing, development, or improving build scripts. We pride ourselves on the Chewy culture and are looking for teammates who value collaboration, innovative problem solving, and quality products so that we can continue to provide the best possible experience for our loyal Chewy customers.
What You'll Do:
- Contribute to the Chewy.com native Kotlin Android ecommerce app
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to define, architect, and ship new features
- Leverage modern architectural patterns, third party libraries, and Kotlin to deliver new features
- Have input on architectural decisions and improvements to core internal Android libraries
- Continuously discover, evaluate, and implement new mobile technologies
- Work with outside data sources and APIs (gRPC & REST)
What You'll Need:
- To have worked on consumer facing Android apps
- A strong grasp on the development, testing, and release lifecycles of mobile apps
- The ability to clearly and effectively communicate ideas in a team environment
- Intimate familiarity with Android SDK, testing frameworks, and build tooling
- Experience with Dependency Injection, modern architectural patterns, and Android best practices
- Passionate about learning and building with the latest and greatest in Android
- Working knowledge of the mobile landscape, architectural patterns, trends, and emerging technologies
- A sound understanding of Git, branching strategies, pull requests, and continuous integration
- Work well in a distributed team environment
- Position may require travel
- You’ve contributed to open-source projects or given talks at conferences
- Experience with web technologies and service-oriented architecture
- Doing things “the right way” makes you happy on the inside
If you have a disability under the Americans with Disabilities Act or similar law, and you need an accommodation during the application process or to perform these job requirements, or if you need a religious accommodation, please contact CAAR@chewy.com.
If you have a question regarding your application, please contact HR@chewy.com.
Chewy is committed to equal opportunity. We value and embrace diversity and inclusion of all Team Members.