Software Engineer - Digital Forensics
Join Basis Technology -- the leader in Human Language Technology (HLT) software for the US government. Basis has an opening for a Federal Solutions Engineer to work both in our Herndon, VA office and at regional client sites. An ideal candidate for this position has a software development background, experience in search, identity resolution, or unstructured content processing.
- Adapt Text Analytics software to meet client’s mission objectives. Provide data analysis, consulting, software development, and support to tune and integrate our multilingual NLP components into customer applications.
- Interact with organizational leaders, analysts and IT to bridge the gap between mission objectives, functional needs, and technology capabilities.
- Oversee project delivery and provide project management on federal projects
- Build and advance technical relationships
- 2+ years of solution engineering experience in a high tech company or government agency.
- 2+ years of experience with Java or a similar language
- Experience in computational linguistics, natural language processing, data science, identity resolution, information retrieval (search) or related field.
- Active US government security clearance is required.
- Fluency in spoken and written English is essential. Additional Language skills are highly desired, especially Arabic.
- Excellent communication, writing, and customer relationship skills
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent