Software Engineer - iOS
Chewy is looking for multiple iOS Developers to join our Mobile Apps team. The ideal candidate succeeds in a fast-paced environment, is self-motivated, and has a passion for both the business and the technology. You will be responsible for maintaining existing code and developing new features in a Swift based native iOS application. We pride ourselves on the Chewy culture and are looking for teammates who value collaboration, innovative problem solving, and quality products so that we can continue to provide the best possible experience for our loyal Chewy customers.
What You'll Do:
- Improve code quality through participation in peer code reviews and knowledge share sessions, within and across teams. As well as have the opportunity to keep up to date with the latest technology and development trends in iOS
- Contribute to all areas of the development lifecycle, including architecture, design, development, testing, and releasing to the App Store
- Unit testing code for robustness, including edge cases, usability, and reliability
- Work alongside product managers, designers, and other developers to analyze tasks and provide accurate estimates
- Identify opportunities for architecture or process improvements and drive discussions for adoption
What You'll Need:
- The ability to work well in a distributed team environment
- Excellent customer service skills, including verbal and written communication skills
- Experience being a technical leader and mentoring other developers
- Expertise with Swift
- Proven experience in writing high quality, reusable code with minimal defects
- History of releasing to the App Store frequently, with no loss in code quality
- Understanding of common iOS design patterns, i.e. MVC, MVVM, Coordinators
- Ability to learn new concepts and architectures quickly, as well as react to changes in priority or requirements on the fly
- Experience with Git, branching strategies, and pull requests
- Experience integrating third-party libraries through Cocoapods
- Passion for writing quality unit tests, UI automation tests, and TDD or a desire to learn
- Position may require travel
- Experience with Agile/Scrum tools
- Experience developing Universal apps
- Experience debugging memory and performance related issues through developer tools
- Hands on experience with managing an iOS CI ecosystem, including provisioning profiles and certificate management
- Knowledge of SwiftUI
- Knowledge of User Interface and Accessibility best practices
If you have a disability under the Americans with Disabilities Act or similar law, and you need an accommodation during the application process or to perform these job requirements, or if you need a religious accommodation, please contact CAAR@chewy.com.
If you have a question regarding your application, please contact HR@chewy.com.
Chewy is committed to equal opportunity. We value and embrace diversity and inclusion of all Team Members.