Specialist, Payment Compliance
Airbnb was born in 2007 when two Hosts welcomed three guests to their San Francisco home, and has since grown to over 4 million Hosts who have welcomed more than 1 billion guest arrivals in almost every country across the globe. Every day, Hosts offer unique stays and experiences that make it possible for guests to connect with communities in a more authentic way.
The Community You Will Join:Our small and extremely capable team of Gurgaon-based colleagues strive to make the impossible happen for our inbound and outbound travelers within this big and diverse market. ACC is providing varied services under Community Support thereby providing world-class customer experience to our customers. Besides this, ACC is also building deep capabilities for different verticals like Homes, Finance Technology Group, Finance Shared Services, Payments, Analytics, etc. The Payments (Payments Risk and Compliance Team) team’s mission is to keep the online payment ecosystem safe and optimised to enable anyone, anywhere to pay and be paid with confidence, create a world-class compliance organisation and have a data driven approach to building an innovation friendly, scalable compliance program. Our goal is to ensure that Airbnb Payments can grow in a safe fashion, with risks appropriately measured and mitigated.
The Difference You Will Make:
This position is responsible for managing high volumes of alerts generated by multiple queues to satisfy processes required by Economic Sanctions Enforcement, Politically Exposed Person (PIP)/Special interest person (SIP) and other compliance programs. This role ensures that day-to-day compliance activities relating to these programs are maintained to a high standard, and are prepared to mitigate risks to the business.
A Typical Day:
- Review and disposition alerts referred by automated systems for purposes of satisfying sanctions and other regulatory requirements relating to the KYC program
- Manage large volumes of incoming alerts and outgoing decisions under pressure of tight deadlines and regulatory time frames
- Prepare detailed explanations in short sentence and/or paragraph form to support independent decisions & justification for escalations and de-escalations
- Leverages open and closed source systems to decision potential matches in relating queues
- 1-2 years compliance operations experience in payments, banking, or e-commerce or 2+ years working specifically in Sanctions and PEP screening/decisioning
- Ability to apply working knowledge of counter terrorist financing and AML typologies from working experience to the payments and e-commerce space
- Strong systems thinker
- Superior communication skills both written and verbal
- Strong ability to think clearly and rationally in order to understand logical connections between various data points.
- Strong problem solving skills with an emphasis in adaptability and resilience
- Ability to gather objective information and make a subjective determination and be able to defend that determination both verbally and textually
- Ability to work closely and build trust with your team and other teams
- Ability to organize and prioritize various projects from management and peers
- High level of personal integrity, proven dedication to excellence, leadership qualities and a flexible, creative, innovative approach to problem solving
- Ability and desire to work in an ever-changing and fast-paced environment
Our Commitment To Inclusion & Belonging:
Airbnb is committed to working with the broadest talent pool possible. We believe diverse ideas foster innovation and engagement, and allow us to attract creatively-led people, and to develop the best products, services and solutions. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply.