Staff Fullstack Engineer, Airfam Products
Airbnb was born in 2007 when two Hosts welcomed three guests to their San Francisco home, and has since grown to over 4 million Hosts who have welcomed more than 1 billion guest arrivals in almost every country across the globe. Every day, Hosts offer unique stays and experiences that make it possible for guests to connect with communities in a more authentic way.
The Community You Will Join:
Airfam Products team empowers Airbnb employees to access the information within the company with ease. We enable Airbnb employees to be more productive and feel more connected to their colleagues. Airfam Product is also responsible for building a culture of belonging in the company.
We’re looking to add highly technical, hands-on, and mission-driven software engineers to help us build our internal software products, such as Airbnb’s employee directory, internal job portals, internal communication tools, and many other products that are used by every employee.
The ideal candidate has experience working on web applications and managing internal system integrations.
A Typical Day:
- Build delightful user experiences using web technologies.
- Work with Product Managers and Designers to understand product requirements.
- Work with various teams across the organization to understand their needs .
- Collaborate with infrastructure engineering teams to participate in, validate, and evolve how we build, test, and deploy code in a distributed Service-Oriented Architecture.
- 8+ years of industry experience
- Prior experience with React and preferably Next.js
- Experience with GraphQL
- Familiarity with programming languages such as C++, Java, Go or Ruby on Rails is desired
- Passion for creating highly effective technology platform for our growing global workforce
- Experience with Agile development
- Be future looking; we might be focused on immediate regulations, but need to build for the long term
- Comfortable with tackling ambiguous problems and unblocking yourself
- Focus on building high quality products; every one of our flows affects the business bottom line
- Data driven in how you solve problems and validate you've solved them correctly
- Possesses strong verbal and written communication skills.
- BS in Computer Science / MIS or equivalent work-related experience
How We'll Take Care of You:
The starting base pay for this role is between $190,000 and $245,000. The actual base pay is dependent upon many factors, such as: education, experience, and skills. The base pay range is subject to change and may be modified in the future. This role may also be eligible for bonus, equity, benefits, and Employee Travel Credits.
This position is US - Remote Eligible. The role may include occasional work at an Airbnb office or attendance at offsites, as agreed to with your manager. Airbnb,Inc. can employ in states where we have registered entities. Currently, employees can not be located in: Alaska, Indiana, Nebraska, North Dakota, Ohio, South Dakota, Wisconsin, Alabama, Mississippi, Oklahoma, Delaware and Rhode Island. This list is continuously evolving and being updated, please check back with us if the state you live in is on the exclusion list. If your position is employed by another Airbnb entity, your recruiter will inform you what states you are eligible to work from.
Our Commitment To Inclusion & Belonging:
Airbnb is committed to working with the broadest talent pool possible. We believe diverse ideas foster innovation and engagement, and allow us to attract creatively-led people, and to develop the best products, services and solutions. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply. If you need assistance, or a reasonable accommodation during the application and recruiting process, please contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org.